The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to deworm very sparingly so I don't regularly deworm anyone unless they need it. However, I'm selling two of my kids. The purchaser has goats already. Should I deworm them before they go to the new herd? I don't want to introduce our parasites to her herd. Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
I think that would be very responsible of you to do. How old are the kids and what were you thinking of using?

·
Registered
176 Posts
What I do with sales kids is give them a first wormer and then have the new owner give them the backup as I think it's smart to deworm any new goat that comes onto your property. I would never let a kid go without deworming.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are nine weeks old Nigerian Dwarfs. I have Safeguard and Ivormectin. I was thinking of using the Safeguard, but I could use both. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you choose to deworm I would have all the information of the deworming ( date of deworming, brand of dewormer etc.) typed and put into a folder for the benefit of the purchaser. When I got my goats I did not get that information and I have wished I had been better informed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts