The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi hopefully this is the right place. I’ve had my original set of goats for a year. I’ve never dewormed them but my one goat her gums and eyelids are looking paler then they had had been, her coat is nice and shiny but maybe thin she does have flaky skin.

I think she probably needs to be dewormed but I’m confused her former momma used injectable ivermectin. (Which I should have gotten before COVID as now I can’t find it). Would I be better off running a stool sample to the vet that was on my to do list and COVID happened and they had been maintaining the same eyelid color so I waited.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
Thank you I'll call and see what the vets, COVID policy is at the moment and bring in samples for the 3 of them. (Originally I was told I could bring samples in any time they where open).
There are labs that you can mail fecal samples to as well. Midamerica, meadowmist, rollins (raleigh, nc).. i am sure there are others as well for mail in samples. I would send to the closest one near you. It is not hard. Just fill out their form and fees, collect sample, send it priority in a box with an ice pack. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts