The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
things happened sunday on the Hillsite. Two steers and a heifer. One steer and the heifer are two and the other guy is one. They need wormed... the guy said next month is the month he does it. But they will be gettin that done this week. That fuzzy fuzzy still there tells me they need it. The big cheese will be going to the processor in a few months and we are going to ai the heifer soon. Lil cheese gets to stay a whille longer. And. They are not crazy yay! The heifer i think will be an excellent milk cow. She lets us brush her just fine. The cheeses like treats and will nose you but not much for touchin anymore. I told paul i cannot find a red heifer to save my life. I love the reds!
Fence Working animal Terrestrial animal Fawn Grassland
Plant Working animal Human body Dairy cow Natural landscape
Plant Dog breed Working animal Fence Tree
Vertebrate Working animal Mammal Fence Dairy cow
Working animal Human body Plant Calf Natural landscape
Plant Eye Working animal Human body Natural material
Plant Tree Working animal Wood Natural landscape
Plant Tree Working animal Natural material Fence

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
congrats!

The duns seriously are beautiful.

So what will you use to deworm them and how? Just out of cow-dumb curiosity...
Ivermectin pour on usually. Most time cattle farmers only worm twice a year. Spring and beginning of fall. See how slick Hope and Eb are vs these guys? They were wormed a month or so ago. That fuzzy i a tell that they need wormed go figure.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our menagerie now. Top two pics are dexters. Black heifer is same in both. I ordered straws for her today. She will be havin a few dates with the vet when it cools off a bit. Yay! That is Bessie and Lil cheese. Big cheese is in the freezer. Third pic is Hope the dope who is a black angus cross on the left and Ebbie another dexter on right. Uni is the charolais. He came from a close friend. He got his name because he is the unicorn in the pasture lol. And i ADORE his ears!

Plant Vertebrate Dog breed Tree Working animal
Plant Working animal Grass Terrestrial animal Agriculture
Eye Vertebrate Working animal Plant Tree

Working animal Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal Grassland

·
Registered
31,518 Posts
they look great.

·
Registered
31,518 Posts
we have 5 ladies..2 black with horn, one black disbudded, a dun with horns and a red polled. All came to us that way : ) I prefer no horns when handling them. But LOVE the horned look.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where are there horns???
I love my Dexters. I have 15 Black with horns. I am a Traditionalist.
The first two are polled and the last Eb was dehorned. I am not comfortable handling the horned ones. Plus mama... she has lewy bodies dimentia and anything we can do to keep her more safe if she decides to go into the pasture is ok by us. These will be milked so nope to the hornies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts