Di Methox Question

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by KW Farms, Jun 29, 2009.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I am totally spacing today on how much water to mix with the powder?? And then what's the dosage??

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    From Hoeggars:
    1 1/4 teaspoons powder with 1 cup water.....1 cc per 5# day one, 1cc per 10# days 2-5 or 7 for treatment.

For prevention...1 1/2 cc 2x a day for 1 week starting at 3 weeks old
    then 1 1/2 cc 1x a week til weaned.

3. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Thanks Liz! :thumb:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    If it is the entire package of powder I believe it is 1 gallon. I break mine down into baggies to mix with a quart.....

5. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That's nice to know!! I will have to try that Allison. That would be so handy!

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yeppers - I section it out. I give a "treatment" when they hit about 3 weeks old - then I start another "treatment" a day or two before they go home and then send a small baggie of powder home with the new kids to finish treatment and for others at home. Many don't know of Cocci - so it is nice and inexpensive to give to them.

7. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    That mixture is WAY too weak to do any good IMO. The minimum mixture I would use is 1 whole package to three cups of water. Here, with our ideal cocci growing climate, we actually use 1 package to a pint of water.

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hmm - maybe cocci in your area is becoming resistant??? :shrug: Here, it works great at that dilution.

9. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Here cocci is just TERRIBLE...esp in the spring and fall/winter when it's always wet and never really gets cold enough to slow it down. I do know that in our area, Sulmet is no longer effective against it (either gram neg or gram pos). I suppose if you're in a more arid climate or one that gets esp cold for esp long...your loads won't be so high or virulent.

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I would imagine that with the winter weather being alot colder in the NW as well as the NE the cocci is slowed down alot more than in the southern states, such as Georgia and Alabama etc. Cocci is dreadful to deal with and as long as the mixing of the DiMeth works in this dilution rate for me I'm happy :greengrin: