The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe gave birth to two health bucks on Friday night (about two days ago). Last year she had a buck and a doe and the buck ended up eating so much that he gave himself diarrhea. After separating and bottle feeding his stool was normal. I want to dam raise the kids this year but it appears that the same thing is happening. We left for church at 9:00 this morning and I went ahead and separated just to give their tummies a break. We will be home around 1:00 and I can put them back together. That will be a four hour break on their bellies.
What do I do to stop their diarrhea without separating them from their dam? I can do electrolytes but I’m not sure if that’ll help with the over eating. Any advice? Their poop is yellow but it is EVERYWHERE. Their entire backsides are yellow. Yuck!

·
Super Moderator
32,192 Posts
If poops are not water..try a pinch of baking soda each morning until tummies adapt. Somtimes moms milk is too rich that take a week or so for babies to digest easier. If watery then definitely separate a few hours at a time. Still give baking soda.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.