The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Goats (of course), Rabbits, chickens, turkeys, ducks and maybe quail soon
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 month old ND that I suspect might be battling coccidiosis. I woke up yesterday morning to her sleeping crate filled with diarrhea. She was acting completely normal, no temp and bouncing off the walls with energy. Instead of feeding her the normal milk bottle I gave her a water bottle with electrolytes and GI soother from Fir Meadows. The loose stool continued through the afternoon. It isn’t waster but like brown pudding. There was some yellow mucus in her crate from the night before. In the afternoon I decided to dose her with CoRid. No more stools the rest of the day and a couple more water bottles. This morning she had a ton of poop and it was solid but formed in logs but not pellets. I decided to give her a milk bottle and the loose stool is back. Should I keep her off the milk for now? Only other food source she has is Timothy hay and pasture. She doesn’t eat much of either. I also just dosed her again with CoRid according to Tober’s dosing recommendation. Still no fever or dehydration today and bouncing with energy. Thanks for you help.

I also want to add she is a good weight so not having milk for a day or two will not make her emaciated by any means ☺

·
Registered
Goats (of course), Rabbits, chickens, turkeys, ducks and maybe quail soon
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It came back today pretty running after her milk bottle. About the consistency of pancake batter and greenish yellow. Last night after water all day it was thick like dog poop and almost was starting to form pellets and it was the correct brown color. I dosed her for the second time today with CoRid. I am not sure it is coccidia either though. She isn’t housed with the other goats and has free range pasture where no other goats stay. She does however spend time in the Doe’s pasture and I have definitely caught her mouthing at their poop.
Also, would like to add she is eating more pasture than normal. I think because she’s hungry from not receiving her milk. Is this okay or should I pull her from the pasture. The runs were definitely after the bottle though not because the excess pasture, that was later in the day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts