The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buck is now almost 4 months and has been doing great until last Monday had some diarrhea. Tues through Thurs he was fine. Nice individual pellets. Last night the diarrhea started again. It is not pellets but I wouldn't call it watery. He still has a good appetite energy his tail is up and posture is straight.

·
Registered
30,588 Posts
I agree..cocci is most common ......

Baycox, Dimethox or Sumet are all good choices.. in order of preference : )

Valbazen is a good wormer if he needs that..

in the mean time a pit of pepto will help dry him up and sooth his tummy....electrolytes are important to encourage drinking plenty for hydration..
3-4 cc C D Antitoxin wouldn't hurt...

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
here is an idea... maybe its nothing. Maybe its just he ate more then usual. Its ok if he doesnt have solid poop every time. Do you? No, so unless its squirting out and its not happening all the time, ist most likely just his young stomach getting used to solids. :)

·
Registered
30,588 Posts
A fecal exam will give you the best option on how to treat if at all..the runs could be from too much graze or wet graze or he got excited eating grain...if cocci is an issue or if you cant have a fecal done then treating for cocci will not hurt
if corid is what you have,.be sure to follow direction very well and follow with fortified b complex..corid is a thiamine inhibitor..so first sign of polio he will need thiamine..( star gazing, off balance, off feed..crying out)
keep he hydrated by offering electrolytes...(recipe to follow).

Homemade Electrolytes
A half gallon of hot water
2-6 Tablespoons of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
1-2 Tablespoons of Either Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda or Table Salt.
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts