The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this young doe that has been sick for a couple of months. We wormed her with panacure and valbazen a couple of times with no results. We took her to the vet and he said she was wormy. This time we gave her ivomec. We've also treated her for coccidiosis a couple of times. We've been giving her redcell regularly. She's lost a lot of weight. We've given her Kalolin Pectin to stop the diarrhea and it doesn't seem to work. That's my main concern right now, stopping the diarrhea. She's always eaten good, but the past few days she seems a little sluggish. Is there anything else I can try.

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
What worms were found? What is her weight and what dosages did you use for the dewormers? Did you do the Panacur for 3 days in a row and then repeat in 14 days? Did you repeat the Valbazen 10 days from first dose? What did you use to treat coccidia?

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
Karen covered some very important questions...also consider the worm issue is secondary..and not the cause of the runs...

bacterial diarrhea or E coli will cause profuse runs...Neomycin is the medication of choice here...its a safe oral antibiotic ...

Continue Pepto and give electrolytes to insure she is staying hydrated...No feed, hay and graze and green leaves only...
I would be giving C D Antitoxin every 12 hours until she thickens up..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts