The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Adopted by Goats
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought these Nubians home a few weeks ago. They were exposed to a buck and are suppose to be pregnant. The day before I visited the breeder a different buck figured out how to jump the fence too. The breeder tells me anytime between Oct. to Dec. they could kid, unless the naughty buck is the father and then Jan. So, experts on pouch tests and Nubians--are they pregnant or not? If pregnant, any guesses when I should expect to have babies around?

Belle:
029.jpg
043.jpg
044.jpg
047.jpg

Bella:
030.jpg
049.jpg
052.jpg
054.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
for many goats, if the girl tip is pointing down..bred..pointing up..open :p...

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
for many goats, if the girl tip is pointing down..bred..pointing up..open :p...
interesting! going to test this theory on my two girls tonight, know they're both unbred!

as for bred or not..i have no clue. your new girls are really cute though!

·
Adopted by Goats
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cant tell by those photos - not good enough shots
Getting these shots wasn't easy. I don't think they wanted their photos taken. But, what would make them better shots?

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
direct photos of the area with tail up (but not pulled up by you). Best to take photos now hold onto them and then in a couple weeks take more to compare too. I wont do a pooch test without photos to compare too as each goat changes differently.

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
If they are bred I wouldn't say they are due in October, they don't really look too puffy to me so I would say if they are they would be more towards December or January. Nubians usually show pretty early, but I think if your girls are bred they are too short bred to be showing any signs. If you really want to know, I would wait 30 days and then send some blood in to be tested, or see if they come in heat within the next 30 days. None of my girls have started cycling yet, so not sure if these girls would have yet either. Nubians are supposed to be more of a year round breeder, but I've never had mine start cycling any earlier than the middle to end of August.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts