Did you guess right?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by eliya, Mar 25, 2009.

1. eliya

eliya New Member

Anyone remember the picture of my doe Ivory that I posted several weeks ago? Her belly looked like it was about to drag on the ground. Well, she kidded last week. I expected her to have quads as that is what she had last year. Well... She had SEXTUPLETS!!!! 5 bucks and 1 doe! One of the bucklings was too small and didn't make it for more than a few minutes after being born. The rest are all doing very well. The one that died only weighed 2.7 lbs. The next smallest was 2.8. The others were 3.1, 4.1, 4.7 and the doeling was 5.5 (she was about average for my kids). Here are some pictures:
    All 6 kids right after they were born:
    The remaining 5 kids:

The littlest guy that I might be retaining:
    The above little guy with our largest ever buckling who was 9 lbs! They were born on the same day. 'Goliath' was a single buckling out of an older doe.

The doeling. I'm probably keeping her.

The last born kid (4.7#'s):

The chocolate buck:

Shoot, I don't have a good picture of the black buck. You can see him in the picture with all 5. I still haven't come up with names for them yet. I've thought about sandwich names as they were sandwiched in the womb. Can't seem to come up with 5 sandwich names that sound o.k. for a goat name. I'm not calling one 'Hamburger'! I've thought of Rueben Sandwich, Monte Cristo, PBJ (call him PJ). I don't know, I haven't gotten enough sleep with 31 kids being born in a 6 day period, so my thinking isn't real great. Maybe a sandwich theme for the kids is kind of weird!
  2. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    :shocked::shocked: WOW :shocked: :shocked: 6 :shocked::shocked:

holy moly I can only begin to imagine how big her udder will get when the milk comes in

:stars: congrats :stars: :stars:

3. eliya

eliya New Member

Oh, YEAH. Her udder is already huge. I thought it would burst before she gave birth.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow what a shock... :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
    congrats they are beautiful.. :love: ..I am so sorry.. that you lost one though... :(
  5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    My gosh!!! No way!!! I knew it was possible to have sextuplets, but my goodness, I can't believe it!! :shocked: Congrats on all the new babies, sorry you lost one. Good grief, you gained a whole herd from one doe!
  6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    wow they are all beautiful and different. The small little guy was so differnt from his siblings too :(

Congrats on all the kiddos born :shocked: 31!
  7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations!! :stars:

Holy Cow! 6 babies from a single doe??!! She had to have gotten massively bigger than that pic....and her udder has got to be just awesome :shocked:

I hope you still have your sanity with all those kids coming in under a week! :hug:
  8. barnyard

barnyard New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Canton, Texas
    OMG! I did not know they could carry six! Yeah You :cool: Now I am wondering- I have 2 does I thought would kid 2.5 weeks ago, huge bellies and really large udders. Only one is a dairy, the other is a full blooded boer and their bags are huge! How many could they have? I have accused them of tormenting me, bagging up so early and all.
  9. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Wow 6! That is crazy-I bet she feels a lot lighter. Sad that the one didn't make it. Isn't that weird how they can have so many? I'll just take the triplets that I tend to get often from my LaManchas :).
  10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WHAT,6? :? They are all so beautiful. and only one doe? WOW. Congratulations, that says a lot if she can carry them. That shows you have a wonderful feeding program and you must spoil them.
    Do you have a picture of her before she kidded? :scratch:
  11. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    WOW!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!! :birthday: :clap: :leap: :love:
  12. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    AHAHAH!!! I love them! It's like a mini herd! AWWWWWWWWW ok actually not a mini herd. Quite a large herd. Twice as large as mine!

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Wow, that's a lot of babies! Congratulations on the 5 remaining kids! They're beautiful!
  14. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    6 :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: I didn't even think that could happen. They are super cute. congrats. :stars:
  15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I have to agree with that...what a record breaker.... :shocked:
  16. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I didn't know they could have that many either. WOW! I'm glad the remaining are doing so well.
  17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    :drool: You can send the chocolate boy here anytime. lol I just love 'em!
  18. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Wow, that's a lot of goat kids!
  19. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Girl what are you feeding those does? Haha just kidding! I just love the Mini-Nubians. They're so darn cute! I really don't like airplane ears though that's the reason I don't breed them myself. I know I could always get 2nd or 3rd generation or more who have right ears but I don't know. Anyway, they're just gorgeous!!!
  20. eliya

eliya New Member

Thanks Ashely. All I feed them is grass/alfalfa/clover mix hay. And Purina Mills Minerals. That's it. Plus they get raspberry and feverfew leaves the last few months of their pregnancy.

I agree on the airplane ears - they're cute, but I was pretty disappointed when most of these kids had airplane ears - their parents are both Americans with good ears. The dam is 3rd gen and the sire is 4th. Oh, well, they were nice in just about every other way.