The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
I feed my goats 5-6 lbs of good quality grass/alfalfa mixed hay per day, free choice minerals, and fresh water. Lactating does get straight alfalfa if possible.

·
14,456 Posts
In addition to good loose minerals, everyone has free choice alfalfa except the wether, he's on grass hay.
Buck gets 2lb Boer Goat Developer am & Pm. His wether buddy gets 6 handfuls of it.
The girls wont get grain till near kidding time & through out lactation.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have 3 types of hay i rotate....a grass hay.....an oat/brome mix hay and a millet/red clover hay. They get these free choice. I also give a grain mix of Boss, barley, and alfalfa pellets daily. Does, wethers, and milking does all get the same mix...does get more.....i offer minerals several times per week. I also try to make sure my goats get browse several times per week....including pine bows....pumpkins.....leaves i have dried and saved for winter and other forages. Mine also enjoy oranges, carrots, apples several times a week. Of course they enjoy pasture in summer....lots of variety:))). I have not had my goats be as sensitive to food changes as others seem to describe here....i attribute that to their systems being used to variety from a young age.....and i gradually expanded their diet as they got older. Variety is their norm and they seem to do well with it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Blue Seal Caprine Challenger, hay, ProManna minerals, raisins as treats. They get turned out to browse 2 hours a day in our woods and hay pasture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.