The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I started the alfalfa pellets goat hiker recommended and yogi, my Pygmy has, not diarrhea but his turds are stuck together instead of loose like normal. He also snuck into a sample bag of hydration hay for the horses last night but only got a couple gulps down before I caught him. Should I do or not do anything, will it just pass on its own?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Make sure you introduce new foods very slowly. Dog logs are not a big deal, just cut back a little until it returns to normal. I am not sure what hydration hay is, I will let someone else give their take on that one.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I had to go slow with introducing my kinders to alfalfa pellets, they are the only ones that had poop like that... It only lasted a couple days, and now everything is good. I started them with 1/4th of a cup, (I have to soak the pellets) now they get 2 cups a day. My other goats, even my sheep had no problems, but they are larger breeds. I have no idea what hydration hay is either, so I couldn't tell ya what that would do...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dehydrated that's why I was concerned. I know to a horse that could be fatal, like beet pulp not fully expanded. But I read about people here who feed beet pulp dry so I assumed maybe not to worry. He seems fine and the turds are stuck together but still look like separate turds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts