The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kidding season I have 3 FF (which all presumably have multiples as long as they haven’t absorbed any) and I’m trying to have my typical kidding kit and also a kit for difficult deliveries. I want this kit to have EVERYTHING you could ever think of and want for a difficult delivery (puller, meds etc). What are the supplies you always have on hand for these deliveries or supplies you WISH you had for such deliveries ? I have a phenomenal vet that I 110% call on for things outside my expertise and I do plan to call her for anything I need so this is not in place of her. Thank you so much in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
This kidding season I have 3 FF (which all presumably have multiples as long as they haven't absorbed any) and I'm trying to have my typical kidding kit and also a kit for difficult deliveries. I want this kit to have EVERYTHING you could ever think of and want for a difficult delivery (puller, meds etc). What are the supplies you always have on hand for these deliveries or supplies you WISH you had for such deliveries ? I have a phenomenal vet that I 110% call on for things outside my expertise and I do plan to call her for anything I need so this is not in place of her. Thank you so much in advance!
What all do you have in the bag already?

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
In addition to my normal kidding kit, I have what I call my "I'm Going in kit" in a separate tupper.
In it, I've got a
headlamp
sterilized lamb puller,
a halter (to tie up doe if I'm alone)
full arm gloves
short gloves
lube
betadine scrub
banamine
dex
vit b complex
uterine boluses
probios
Penn G
Umbilical clamps
Scalpels
sutures
My kidding booklet I've assembled and alcohol preps and needles.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry it’s taken so long to respond. Life’s been crazy (as I’m sore 99% of you can related).
I have a lamb puller, tube for feeding, dex, banamine, LA200, b complex, vet RX, Bose.. for electrolytes I have the jeffers inner balance multi species digestive support .. think that is sufficient? I have frozen colostrum in the freezer and will either milk my girls out or buy milk (if it’s available)... I’ve got some mineral oil for any poop issues and some lubricant if I have to go in. I’m going to get some Prep H for any soreness and I’ll make sure to check out other threads and refer to this one as well for anything else. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Do you have Se & E gel?
I know people often use BoSe injectable in their adults, but I have given my babies the gel, just a small amount, maybe 1/2cc, size of a green pea, and it seems to have made a difference in them with their interest in nursing and their energy in general.

Also, a bulb syringe is good for getting gunk out of their throat or noses to help them breathe better, easier. That is one thing I used regularly, as soon as they are born. I have read that there is a hanging/swinging technique to help clear their lungs/throat, but the bulb works for me (so far)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have Se & E gel?
I know people often use BoSe injectable in their adults, but I have given my babies the gel, just a small amount, maybe 1/2cc, size of a green pea, and it seems to have made a difference in them with their interest in nursing and their energy in general.

Also, a bulb syringe is good for getting gunk out of their throat or noses to help them breathe better, easier. That is one thing I used regularly, as soon as they are born. I have read that there is a hanging/swinging technique to help clear their lungs/throat, but the bulb works for me (so far)
I do have the selenium and vitamin E gel as well. I have never used it though. Last season was our first kidding season and we only had 1 doe that kidded triplets. We kept one of he doelings and she needed a little BOSE. I suppose it's good I have the gel as well even though it hasn't been used. Never know. Thanks for that.. I'll keep that in mind for this season to use vs the BOSE if appropriate. A bulb!!! That's it! I never cleaned my one from last year so it's a no go. Thanks so much for mentioning that. I KNEW I was missing something!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts