Dirty Matted Fur YUCK

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Suellen, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    We have a friends buck at our place to breed with our girls. Bill (yes they named him Bill) he a very nice boy.
    He seems to be healthy and is happy to be around so many pretty girls!
    :eek:hlala: :lovey:
    His fur is a mess! Forget combing it. :hair: I trimmed some of the fur. It is really dirty with some matted fur worse
    than I thought. I think it would be better to clean it first.
    :snowbounce: Too cold here for a crew cut or a bath. Suggestions? :scratch:
    His hooves are another problem. I want him use to me before that. Did I mention that he has horns?
    Suellen

2. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    Sounds like my gross billy. Combine contant peeing on his face, belly, legs, heck he even tries to reach his back I swear... with dirt, hay, etc. Its not pretty. I have no advice, I can't groom mine till spring.

Its like a 250lb feces covered angry ShiTzu with a hangover

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It's to cold....to trim him up now...

If he is going to breed your does.... it is better... to leave him stink... as it helps bring the Does.... in season.. the stinker the better... I know it is gross... :wink:

4. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I would just leave the mess alone. Animal see mess/yuck/and stink a whole lot differently than we do. To them the stronger the aroma the better the man/buck. The worst of the bunch in the aroma catagory wins the draw every time.

5. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    The horns work in your favor for hooves, Just take a rope and tie his horns to a tree. He cant jab you or move alot, Problem solved.

200lb nubian/alpine does as experience.