disbudding help in So. California

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by PotterWatch, Mar 28, 2009.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    I could really use the help of a local goat person. I have a buckling born March 19th that needs to be disbudded. I ordered a disbudding iron a few weeks ago, but there was apparently a mix-up with my order and I won't be getting it now for another two weeks, long past when this little boy needs to be disbudded. I took my other kids to a person who charged me $20 a kid and I had to drive 2hrs each way with all my goats in my van to get there. Needless to say, I don't want to do that again! I don't mind paying a fee, even a $20 fee at this point since I need to get this done asap. Is there anyone who can help me out? I live in Pomona but I can drive somewhere without a problem.

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I would but im in tucson sry.

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    If there isn't anyone who can do it for me, is there anyone who could loan me their iron for an afternoon? I could come pick it up and return it within an hour drive of me. Please?!

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh how I wish you were closer - I charge $5.00 a head to do them and I do it for you :)

5. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    If no one here is close to you, you can always try Craigs list or if you have a freecycle you can ask on there too. Check with your local feed stores too. Hope you find someone quick.

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    IM out here in yucaipa.. like an hour from you.. i could even loan you a dehorner if you wanted. or you could come out to us .. i charge 10 a head if you bring them to me

7. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    I'll take you up on that! Sending you a PM now.