Disbudding Iron

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Feb 2, 2010.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Ok im getting ready to order my new iron. Im going to go with the x30 I think but which one in jeffers they have three different ones and hoeggers has different ones to. So which one would you get. Thanks

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I have an X50, which is a calf dehorner with a goat tip on it, there's nothing wrong with it but personally if I had to get another one I would get an X30, I've heard good things about it from other breeders.

3. creekbottomgoats

creekbottomgoats Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Mississippi
    I bought the Rhinehart X50A and got the nigerian tip. It was a mistake, because it looked too small to use. Before I tried the iron, I ordered the standard tip. I have used it several times and seemed to workgreat. I am pleased with it. I purchased the X50A because it was a commercial grade dehorner. I hope it lasts a long time. Found a good price at Hoegger's.

If you don't have a lot of goats maybe the X30 will work just fine. Rhinehart is a good product.

Happy burning :laugh:
    Connie

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I have the Rhinehart X50 and the Rhinehart X30..... I'd recommend the X30.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    go with the larger tip on the X30 I think its the 1/2 inch

6. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Ok Im going to go with the rhinehart X30. But here is my problem the one in the hoeggers magazine is a 3/4" the ones in the jeffers is 1/2" 3/8" and 1/4" so which size would you buy. Thanks I need to get these ordered and Im taking my time got a doe that could go this weekend and I will need this soon. thanks

7. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Thanks Stacey that was what I was posting at the same time you was. Thats what I needed to know. Thanks everyone else for your help.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ