Discharge while pregnant?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by FMW, Oct 24, 2020.

1. FMW

FMW Active Member

Jun 30, 2020
    midwest
    Our 3.5 year old black doe was in standing heat on Sept 25. We kept her with the buck for 2.5 weeks and then moved her out bc he was annoying her too much. We saw them breed several times over the 2-3 days. Anyway, about 22-23 days later we saw a spot if discharge on her tail and so we decided to put her with the buck to see what would happen. She didn't seem as interested as the three weeks before. He mounted her, but she wasn't standing there like last time. I think he did penetrate? Anyway, she stayed in there for two days and we then took her out. Well, tonight she had a lot of clearish, yellow discharge and so we decided to put her with the buck. Again he was trying to mount her, but she wasn't necessarily standing for him.

Can does have clear discharge while pregnant? She actually seems bigger on the right side, but she may not even be pregnant now! I have an ultrasound scheduled for 40 days from Sept 25. I don't want to drive her all the way over there for nothing.

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

They can discharge.

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.

3. lottsagoats1

lottsagoats1 Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Middle Maine
    All female mammals have a discharge whether pregnant or not. Totally normal.

GoofyGoat and MadHouse like this.
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. FMW

FMW Active Member

Jun 30, 2020
    midwest
    Thank you! I am so nervous about this kidding season. This goat has been through a lot and I'm hopeful for all of us that we have a successful pregnancy and birth from her. Very soon, I will be taking her to the vet's for an ultrasound!

toth boer goats likes this.
  6. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    You can also pull blood and send in for pregnancy at least thirty days post breeding. It is a bit cheaper than the vet visit and us... unless you just want to see the majiks. ;).

GoofyGoat likes this.