Discharge?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Sonrise Farm, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Okay, Daisy started having a discharge right after she came home . . .21 days after she was bred. . .however, she showed no other heat signs,and the discharge was yellow. It went away for a few days and then came back . . .this time greenish yellow. . .now it's gone and she's fine----but she never had any tail flagging, being mounted/or mounting other does. Do you think this was just an infection (she was sick cold/runny nose/runny eye/pinkeye/a tinsy bit feverish) or heat?

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Does the discharge have a odor ?

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I didn't smell it . . . and it's gone now and she's fine. But it was greenish yellow if that helps. :shrug:

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If she doesn't have the issue any longer with a discharge....and continues to be fine ..not getting sick.......maybe it was just a little clean out....I am really not sure...I have never seen green in a discharge....keep an eye on her though... :shrug:
    Is there any way to get a pregnancy blood test on her ...? ..that way you will know..?
    If later ......there is a infection that pops up...and she gets sick.....you can treat her and know if she is pregnant or not and what you can safely give her....
    I take it you outside bred her....if you know she is not pregnant you can take her back to the breed sooner....but be sure ...she does not have an infection first ...if you breed her with one... it could complicate things........good luck with her.. :pray:

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I am hoping she is bred . . .see the man who I bought her from, he bred her, and he is all the way across the state from me . . .we met midstate to pick them up . . .3 hour drive . . .so I'd have to wait for my OMF bucklings to breed her . . . not until next fall . . . :shrug:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Talitha...on quite a few occassions after my does were bred, they had discharge...usually a whitish/greyish and sometimes a "greenish" cast to it...though I'm pretty sure it was the light that was making it appear green....this usually happened a few days after they were bred. So unless your does show signs of heat....which they may not be obvious to you because they are "new" and theres no buck around to make them show obvious signs....I would think they are bred.

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is ........a very long way for sure......
    I am very thrown off by the discharge,...... :shrug: .....but you had mentioned ....she didn't have any other signs of heat...so I would really think ....that she should very well be preggo.....but if in doubt .......you can test her..... :)

8. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    thanks guys. I am literally biting nails here. But I am pretty sure Saca is bred. . .she is gaining weight (due Feb 2) and has shown no signs of heat yet. Pray their bred! :pray:

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I would also try the blood test to see if she is bred. I would be worried that she didn't take.

There is a real nice buck in Lewiston that is for stud. He is 1/2 brother to my Joe Dirt!!

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your welcome....Talitha ...I pray she is pregnant... :pray: