Discharge?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Mar 13, 2010.

1. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    My doe that is due 3/19 has been having discharge for the last two days, it's like redish and sticky on her cha cha then there's also a bit of clear discharge,but it's not a string,is this normal? I plan to put her in her own stall tommorrow,but its in the horse barn where she couldnt see the other goats,so would that stress her out? Just don't want to do anything thats bad for her :?

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Does the discharge smell ...if not... she should be OK....
    She is getting closer to her due date.... is she acting normal ...eating ect?

If she panics... being alone ...then I would maybe put a gentle friend in with her... to keep her company until she kids.... so it won't stress her.... :hug:

3. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    It doesn't have a noticeable smell to it. Yes,she's acting fine,and eating a ton :wink: Ok,if she freaks out I'll put her daughter in with her,she's very sweet and gentle

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    To me...she sounds fine then.... that is great ..she has a daughter to put in with her...that will help her out alot..... :thumbup: ... just make sure ...to watch when she gets ready to kid.... to let her daughter out.... as her mom ....may get a different attitude .....and start telling her to get away..... :wink: :greengrin:

Happy Kidding ~! :thumb:

5. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Ok,thanks :) This will be my first kidding (her 2nd) so I'm super excited

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :hug: That is exciting :greengrin: and stressful...I know... I have been there.... and still go through the worries to this day.... :hug: