The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two of our goats have sore mouth and now another one has a thick snotty mucousy discharge coming from his nose? With this part of sore mouth or something else? Other than that he's acting fine

·
Registered
30,668 Posts
...sounds like Pneunomia could be sneaking in... I would get his temp . If he has a normal temp, try a bit of benedryl but keep a close watch on him..if he begins to act lethargic or seperates himself from the rest, head hanging down..begin to cough then even without fever I would begin antibiotics...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the way thanks for all of your help I see you reply to many threads!! We've only had our goats about six months so were still pretty new to this

·
Registered
30,668 Posts
Oops..sent this and half my post was gone...so here it is again

Nuflor is a good RX antibiotic 3 cc per 100# daily for 5-7 days...if you cant get a vet to give you a bottle or enough for 5 days..then Tylan 200 is a good OTC choice and easily available..1 cc per 25# 2 x daily for 5-7 days...
These are both Sub Q (under the skin) use a 18 G needle since the meds are a bit thick I also use a 3/4 inch long needle..
B complex is also nice to give during times of stress...also sub q :)

Your welcome..Im happy to help. And Goat Spot is a great place to learn...Ive learned a ton here...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts