distracted :( - and life moves on

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Jul 1, 2010.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Dear friends of ours are going through a horrible horrible situation.

The husband Paul has been dealing with pain and breathign issues for a couple months now, hes been in the hospital off and on for the past couple months.

Today we got the news that it is cancer and he only has days to live.

He has 3 small kids and a wife.

Im sorry but im going to be distracted for a while, I just cant focus its to devastating!

2. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Re: distracted :(

Dear Stacey,

Prayers for them and hugs for you. hang in there and do what you can for them and take care of yourself too.

Jan

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Oh no...that is devastating news.. :( ...my heart goes out to you...Paul and family.....prayers.... sent your way...... :hug: :pray:

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

:pray: :hug: :grouphug:

5. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Oh Stacey.....I am so very sorry :hug: .....I understand being distracted, We just found out that our very best friends that are family to hubby are getting divorced after 14yrs of marriage :cry: ......we are so very sad, hard to think about anything else at the moment.

You and your friends are in my prayers.....all you can do is be strong for them and be there for them and see them through their darkest hours......I pray that he knows the lord. When my mom died at 62yrs old and I was in my early 30's our faith is what got us through......she was my very best friend, I miss her every day but know that I will see her again.

6. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Wow, what horrible news :( I am so sorry Stacey, many thoughts and prayers going out to your friends and their family. Cancer is a horrifying, terrifying thing to deal with. I lost my mom to cancer 3 years ago :(

7. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California

You all are in my prayers...and I still say them every night!

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thanks guys

personally I know i could move on its the kids I worry about. THe youngest is 8 and she is such a doll. And was telling me yesterday what they were going to do when Daddy came home and it breaks my heart. Since the news came this afternoon I dont think they know yet. I also worry about the boy who is 13 - he already has attitude issues and bottles things inside. I worry that this will send him over the edge at some point. the 11 year old is the strong one - does everything she can to keep things together but its just going to be to much for her and I dont know what to say or do. They see me as their big sister and I want to make everything all better and thats not going to be possible. They live 1 mile from me so I am at their house constantly. I also board my horse at their farm.

So I could use prayers for strength because its going to be a long road.

9. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Lifting you and your friends in my prayers :pray: .

10. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009

Wow! It is so hard when tragedy strikes! My thought are with you and their family and that the children are able to withstand the coming days/weeks!

11. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California

:hug: and :pray: to you and your friends. I am so sorry, what horrible news.

12. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA

Lots of prayers coming your way Stacey-stay strong. Those kids are going to need you! :grouphug:

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

my parents are taking the kids up to the hospital - our pastoral counselor will be there. my dad is really hurting - he went to highschool with Paul.

this just sucks!

14. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho

Sending my thoughts and prayers your way for him and his family. We lost two longtime friends-one a neighbor-to cancer this year within a week of each other. The one had just recently been diagnosed. And the other lost her husband to it as well. She had two kids about my age. It's tuff. I think we've all been affected by it in one way or another. I have a cousin that's gone through it and beat it a couple times. All you can do is keep helping them out as much as you are able, and be an ear for the kids to talk to. Definately keeping them in my thoughts and prayers.

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Stacey, I am so sorry to hear this. :hug: I am right there with you, Paul will be in way better hands, but it is the kids, family and friends that I hurt for.
    I pray that the lord will wrap his loving arms around the family and friends of Paul during this time. :hug:

Stacey, we are here for you.

16. goinggoaty

goinggoaty New Member

May 19, 2010
    Edgewood, New Mexico

:pray: :grouphug: :hug: I'm so sorry to hear that it's never easy to lose someone close to you and it's always harder when they have young children, I am sure that your support means the world to them and I pray for strength for you and the family in this terrible time. Its always nice to have friends around to comfort us when were going through loss. So sorry I hope things go as well as they can and that God is with you all

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

So heartbreaking for sure....I will continue to pray for the family... :( :hug:

18. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

My thoughts and prayers are with Paul, his family, and all his friends. I'm wishing you and your family much strength as you support the family during this time. One never knows where the strength comes, when you have to be strong for someone else, but it does. I know it's cliche, but words are not always necessary, your presence and the things you do speak volumes. Also, don't forget to allow yourself time a good cry or release of feelings, it will get you through the times that seem unbearable. :pray: :hug:

19. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010

Stacey,

:hug: :pray: My son was 13 when my husband died. After the police left, (Joe died at a job of a heartattack while in his van doing paper work) I had to go down to the basement and tell Charlie. It was horrible. We had no warning and no time to say goodbye. Charlie will be 19 in Dec. is still wishes he had been able to say bye.

Five months later, my step-dad passed. He was terminal so we were able to say bye sort of. We lived about 50 minutes away and had gone back to Georgia to pick up more boxes. (moving to Bama) We had planed to sign paper work on our new house Friday afternoon. Papa Bear died at 4:30 am. I beat the coroner to the house.

I've been through both types of death. (not knowing and knowing) They both suck. With the knowing, you can say all the things you need too, plus get things in order. I didn't know anything when Joe died. I didn't know where all the papers were or anything. I learned real quick. I also learned to get a lot of copies of the death certificate. Everybody wants it. (morg. comp, credit cards, bank, car loans, SS office.)

The SS office will be a big help to her and the kids. That's why they are there. Use them. If you or her need to talk, let me know. I'll send you my number. I've been there. Charlie can talk to the son if he needs too.

Bless you all. Your on the prayer list.
    Gina

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thank you all for your prayers and concerns.

My Uncle Paul went to be with the Lord this afternoon. He now has Independence from his broken body.

Not the way I wanted to have my Holiday but God knows best - I must believe that.