Dixie due any day - *Day 153 KID ARE HERE!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by rebelshope, Jan 24, 2009.

1. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Dixie should have been at day 150 on the 20th, but I have not seen any strong signs of impending labor.

I am attaching some photos, does it look like she is as far along as I think she is?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Dixie due any day according to my calculations

as I mentioned on your other thread a goat can wait till day 160 to kid. this is not your norm but goats dont like being totaly normal.

She could go from acting find to being in labor in 24 hours or less.

Has her udder developed significantly in the past few days? I couldnt see her udder very well in the pictures

3. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin

More pics

Her udder is more developed than normal but not really full

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Well...she is a first timer right? She's definately looking ready, but she could be one of thse does that wants to hold tose babies in beyond when you would expect.

Her udder may or may not get bigger but when she goes "posty" on you, she'll be delivering within 12 hours.

5. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin

She is a second freshener, my 1st time though.

I have had her in for about a week. I let her out during the day a couple of time and now the temp has dropped to 0 again so she did not go out today. She is in my garage in a portable horse pen, so I keep checking on her. I am not sure if I can tell when she is going posty I keep looking but not sure.

She is not acting strange. One day she will be more vocal and then next she is more quiet. I had her with a friend but she kept butting her friend and I thought we were getting close so I took the friend out. I have been calm but now I want to just go in and get them lol

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Did you check out the post with the pic of posty does? It will give you an idea of how she will look.

One way I know my does are close is the way they are up and down constantly, they will squat to pee every few minutes and when they re getting into labor they will lick my hands or any bare skin they can reach, repeatedly. As a second timer, I'm a tad surprised by her udder size....it usually will increas the second time around.

Are you positive with her due date?

7. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin

Oh I must have rocks for brains. Wrote the wrong due date - I went back the date bred and recalculated it. I Dixie is due on the 26, so her due date wasn't until today.

Anyway her bag looks a little bigger and a little hard in back? She feels like she has lost her ligaments Thanks Stacy for the video of that.

I had a nightmare about kidding last night so I sure hope it is soon :hair:

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well thats good that you figured out the due date correctly. Save you the worry of why she isnt kidding.

Keep us posted, she will be kidding real soon I am sure

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

You will definately be able to tell posty when you "see" it. She will look like she is walking on her tip toes and her back legs will look straight up and down. When she lays down with a contraction, the back leg usually goes out straight.

10. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Re: Dixie due any day - Day 152 - new pics

I am getting tired and cranky lol! :coffee: I just keep thinking it is going to be any moment and I can't sleep! So I got and check of her and she gives me this looking as if to say- oh it's you again.

I let her out to wander around today. She stays in the yard and I am around so I know she is safe. Anyway I thought if she got out and ran around a bit she would bounce these kids out!

I got some new photos of her bag and of her back end. My family thinks I am just a little odd to be taken all these photos for a goats back end.
    I have a close up of her udder from the rear. It is larger than before.
    [​IMG]

Here is just a view from the back end. I am thinking that she does not look posty?
    [​IMG]

This is a rear photo from this fall.
    [​IMG]

And here she is just looking cute!
    [​IMG]

11. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Re: Dixie due any day - *Day 152 new pics

That udder looks really close to me! She is so WIDE! hahaha Poor girl!

12. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina

Seeing she is on day 152 it can't be much longer now. you should get babies very, very soon! :thumbup:
    She is gorgeous BTW and looks to have a very nice udder coming in.

13. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Poor girl! Both you and the goat! :greengrin:

My first experience with kidding is next month, so I feel your pain! She definitely looks like it won't be long, I can't wait to see your new babies and be jealous. :)

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She is filling that udder! Not posty yet....she'll make you suffer a bit longer :cry:

15. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

And i thought my doe was being a stinker. LOL She is really beautiful. Ill pray for healthy babies, that are even what you want :) I feel your pain.

16. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin

Thank you all. I will sleep a bit better tonight. :)

And thank you for all the well wishes, they too are appreciated. I am hoping for at least one doeling, but two would be nice :)

I had not looked at that fall pic since last fall. I was surprised at how wide she has gotten.

The udder shot was taken by holding the goat with one had and holding the camera behind her. LOL I didn't even know if it would turn out.

17. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin

This morning we have a VERY vocal doe. She is just out there bleating, does that mean we are near?

18. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas

Sounds like she is letting you know "stuff" is going on!!

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yup sounds closer. Probably today. Her udder looked to be getting pretty big -- she is rather wide, I say you can easily hope for twins.

20. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus New Member

Nov 15, 2008

*gets excited for you while I wait*

Sounds close... wait it has to be lol. Have your doe have em then I can be happy for you and not worry about mine lol. Sleep? What is sleep?