Dixie Kidded!

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by goatmama, Apr 8, 2010.

1. goatmama

goatmama New Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Dixie gave us 2 doelings and 2 bucklings yesterday around 4pm. I missed the whole thing! I went out to check on her and she had just dropped the last one. The first one is much bigger than the other three, it looks funny, but they are all marked beautifully.

Attached Files:

2. Goat Crazy

Goat Crazy New Member

Feb 8, 2010
    NE Ohio
    :stars: :stars: Congratulations :stars: :stars:

They all are cute and I love their markings!!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    very nice!! congrats :)

4. goatmama

goatmama New Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I just came in from checking them this morning, and I'm worried about Dixie. She acts like she is still in labor. She is trying to push something out. I don't know if it is afterbirth or a dead kid. I just put a call into my vet, so we'll see what he says.

5. goatmama

goatmama New Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I went out to check Dixie and she had given birth to a stillborn buckling. I had a feeling there was a fifth kid in there. I keep thinking I could have saved it if I would've gone in last night. I talked on the phone with a vet last night because Dixie was passing a fluid bag, but I didn't see any feet. The bag broke, so we thought it might just be fluids. I guess I got a pretty good education with my first kidding. I'm bummed, but happy about the four I've got. I just want to make sure my doe is healthy and recovers okay.

6. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    So sorry about the little buckling you lost. But congrats on the other four, they are so cute. Hope mommy gets to feeling better.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry for your loss, but WOW what a first kidding! QUODS. Did the vet say to give her anything other then lots of love? I would also giver her warm molasses water for as long as she would like it. She is going to need help producing enough milk for all four of them, so the more she drinks the more she sill make.

I would also make sure you increase her grain (slowly of course), and she will be needing some good high protein.

Congrats. :leap: :cool:

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry about the buckling... :(

wow.... all the babies are adorable....congrats..... :greengrin: :thumb:

9. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    I'm so sorry about the buckling you lost. That happened to me on my first kidding, too. We can read and read and read, but the real education is definitely hands-on. The four in the photo are SO cute! What a great mama to deliver those quads safely on her own!
    Congratulations!
    Tina

10. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Sorry for your loss. :(
    The four are stunning-look at those colors and patterns. :thumb: Congratulations! :stars: