Dixie left us

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by happybleats, Jul 22, 2020.

1. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Dixie was nearly 15. Her heart just couldn't beat any longer. In the end she was lumpy and bumpy and walked tender, hard of hearing and almost blind, but always wagged her tail for her family! She's been with us from the beginning of our farm life. Rescued drowning kid goat, protected our human kids, loved to play fetch and was known to drop a dead frog at your feet to toss for her. She was amazing and left a huge hole in out hearts. Collage_Fotordixie 2.jpg

2. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your loss.
    :hug:
    She had a wonderful life with at your farm.
    It is so sad when they leave us!

3. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ohhhh she was Beautiful! Im so sorry..I.know your heart is broken. They fill our lives with love...then a deep void with their absence. Im grateful for all the memories she created for you.

4. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm so sorry. What a wonderful family member.

5. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Think of it this way. For 15 years she walked the road with you as one of God's beautiful angels. Now God needs her to walk His path as one of His angels. She has had a fulfilled life and you will never forget her. She would not forget you eithee.

6. Canadian Goat Mom

Canadian Goat Mom Member

Jun 28, 2020
    Alberta, Canada
    My deepest condolences. It's never easy to lose them. Just remember her and all the fun times. She lived a fantastic life...:hug:

7. MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm

MuldrowBeeandGoatFarm Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    So very sorry for your loss......she was so lucky to have found you and you her... many prayers for your family

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so very sorry, I know how much it hurts to lose a family member. :(

9. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    I'm so sorry, sounds like Dixie was a great dog.

10. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    What a beautiful dog. She certainly knew love and happiness. So sorry for your loss. (grouphug)

11. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

Awwwww she looks like such a love! Sorry she was needed somewhere else for now. Those oldies sure do take up a lot of room in our hearts don’t they. We have an 18 year old lab mix and my Si is only 8 but in giant breeds (he is an irish wolfhound) he is an old old fella. We lost our Athena (she was only 8 as well but boy she was the life of the party here) a few months ago and the boys have not been the same since. Both have slowed down SO much and are showing their age much more now. I watch their breathing now so much more when they sleep cause i am so afraid of the day when one does not wake up. I am positive that your lady is still watchin over her herd where she is and loving every minute of being able to do it again!

HMNS, Iluvlilly!, Angel A and 2 others like this.
  12. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    i am so sorry. she seemed like a good dog.

Iluvlilly! and happybleats like this.
  13. Angel A

Angel A Active Member

Apr 4, 2020
    North Idaho
    Tanya,
    You say the kindest most beautiful things to people and I always cry and when I look to see who said it...it’s always you! Bless your heart...you are a sweet soul !!!

14. Angel A

Angel A Active Member

Apr 4, 2020
    North Idaho
    She is beautiful! She is pain free and running through heaven bringing happiness to all just like she did with you while she was here on earth.
    My heart felt sympathy to you and your family.

Iluvlilly! and happybleats like this.
  15. HMNS

HMNS Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Brown County, Ohio
    So sorry for your loss!! My heart breaks for you!!

She will always live on in your heart and in your wonderful memories of her. How truly special it is when we have such a close relationship with an animal(s) that they are "family". The more we love them, the bigger the hole left behind when they are gone. :(