The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dixie was nearly 15. Her heart just couldn't beat any longer. In the end she was lumpy and bumpy and walked tender, hard of hearing and almost blind, but always wagged her tail for her family! She's been with us from the beginning of our farm life. Rescued drowning kid goat, protected our human kids, loved to play fetch and was known to drop a dead frog at your feet to toss for her. She was amazing and left a huge hole in out hearts.
Dog Photograph Vertebrate White Dog breed

·
Registered
431 Posts
Dixie was nearly 15. Her heart just couldn't beat any longer. In the end she was lumpy and bumpy and walked tender, hard of hearing and almost blind, but always wagged her tail for her family! She's been with us from the beginning of our farm life. Rescued drowning kid goat, protected our human kids, loved to play fetch and was known to drop a dead frog at your feet to toss for her. She was amazing and left a huge hole in out hearts. View attachment 185659
So very sorry for your loss......she was so lucky to have found you and you her... many prayers for your family

·
Premium Member
4,738 Posts
Dixie was nearly 15. Her heart just couldn't beat any longer. In the end she was lumpy and bumpy and walked tender, hard of hearing and almost blind, but always wagged her tail for her family! She's been with us from the beginning of our farm life. Rescued drowning kid goat, protected our human kids, loved to play fetch and was known to drop a dead frog at your feet to toss for her. She was amazing and left a huge hole in out hearts. View attachment 185659
Awwwww she looks like such a love! Sorry she was needed somewhere else for now. Those oldies sure do take up a lot of room in our hearts don't they. We have an 18 year old lab mix and my Si is only 8 but in giant breeds (he is an irish wolfhound) he is an old old fella. We lost our Athena (she was only 8 as well but boy she was the life of the party here) a few months ago and the boys have not been the same since. Both have slowed down SO much and are showing their age much more now. I watch their breathing now so much more when they sleep cause i am so afraid of the day when one does not wake up. I am positive that your lady is still watchin over her herd where she is and loving every minute of being able to do it again!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Think of it this way. For 15 years she walked the road with you as one of God's beautiful angels. Now God needs her to walk His path as one of His angels. She has had a fulfilled life and you will never forget her. She would not forget you eithee.
Tanya,
You say the kindest most beautiful things to people and I always cry and when I look to see who said it...it's always you! Bless your heart...you are a sweet soul !!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
So sorry for your loss!! My heart breaks for you!!

She will always live on in your heart and in your wonderful memories of her. How truly special it is when we have such a close relationship with an animal(s) that they are "family". The more we love them, the bigger the hole left behind when they are gone. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts