The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brown Stairs Rectangle Wood Plant
Hello everyone, new member, just wanted to throw this up hear in case any was thinking of making their own waste reducing hay feeder! I make them with 3, 8ft 2x4's, then fence staple 3ft tall welded wire 2x4 mesh fencing to is. All you need is a saw, tin snips, hammer and a drill to make them! Has cut my hay waste in half and a 50lb bale lasts six of my Nigerian Dwarfs 5 days now! Not advertising or trying to sell anything, just sharing my idea.
Wood Rectangle Road surface Flooring Floor

· Premium Member
8,384 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It does help! Thank you so much for taking the time to do that! I really appreciate it. It might just be perfect for my run in barn.
Oh, what size fence staples did you use?
Sorry I'm picking your brain but I hate buying the wrong things ;)
No problem! I used 3/4" galvanized fence staples, few bucks for a box from tractor supply. Happy building!

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update on this feeder, both still work well, only issue was that I had to patch the bucks feeder because they broke some of the weeds on the wire. May have been the cheap Lowe’s welded wire but if I did a feeder for them again I would use left over woven wire from the fencing or buy higher quality welded wire, definitely cut way down on waste though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.