Do all breeds show and kid the same way?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by magilacudy, Mar 5, 2010.

1. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    I have a post in the Dairy section with some pics of the new girl. I was just wondering (because I've only had minis) if they show signs of on coming kidding the same way. Like bags filling,posty stance, ligs gone. The previous owners do not have a due date, just that she should kid by the end of April, so I'll be watching for any changes because they could be off. Also, do larger does tend to have easier deliveries?

2. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Yes, I raise larger dairy goats and all of those signs apply :) Deliveries can go either way depending on the doe, so it is really inconsistant... :shrug:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup its all the same except that standards tend to go closer to the 150-155 day mark while minis go more like 142-147

4. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Larger does dont always have easy deliveries-sometimes you might have to "rearrange" to get the kids to deliver properly-but for the most part it isn't so bad.

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    hmm odd.. i guess my goats are weird.. never had ANY kiddig issues with our bigger girls ( lamanchas, nubians, boers, ect). always just with the tiny little nigies and pygmies. most of my girls ( regardless of size) go about 149-153