The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed this pattern alot. I have a doe in flagging heat put them in with a buck they spend an hr at it see several good sticks. Then after that hr is up they go back to grazing and never breed again that i see. The resion i ask is my setup this yr i have 2 bucks. 1 will not be used alot so when a doe comes in i move him out of the pen and breed the doe to the other buck. And he cant handle not being used or alone for long so after an hr i put the doe back out and move him back in. Im used to leaving them for a week or more to be sure.
Guess its like hand breeding so do your guys that hand breed bring the buck to the doe several times or once and thats it? I would hand breed but this buck im using is not tame lol. By the time i cough his butt the doe would be out.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
I do it a few times a day even though I know she was bred the first time.. But I have young bucks so I just want to be sure.. (And it keeps my does quiet for a little bit lol!)

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Most of mine go out soon after they are bred. I think when they pen breed and the buck breeds them several times they both must feel that the deed is done. Once the doe ovulates they are typically completely out and I do think breeding might speed up the ovulation process. It is probably also natures way of keeping the buck from over working himself on one doe when others need to be bred.

I have had does stay in all day, but usually they are the ones that I hand breed and let the buck breed them a few times then put him away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts