The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always heard and thought that in order for a breeding to be successful, the doe had to hunch up right after the buck mounts and injects. Now I'm having second thoughts on this for two reasons....

One being I put my buckling and one of my does together a few days ago, he mounted and injected (and acted like he did the deed), but my doe barley hunched up. I thought that was strange because when he bred my other two does, they both really hunched up.

The other reason being, a few members told me that they never saw their does hunch up and still got kids.

So....is that just a myth?

·
8,495 Posts
How to put this family friend;y- ok, when the buck does his hunch thing- he did ejaculate- hopefully in the doe and not on her side etc. When she does, it
usually means that he had penetrated her completely and she had an orgasm. (delete if not family friendly) She does not have to hunch to conceive. Some does
hunch every time- guess they are having fun- but the hunching helps to get the semen inside the uterus, but they don't hunch every time they get mounted. So, no the
doe does not have to hunch to get pregnant.

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,871 Posts
I always thought the hunch meant he made contact with the cervix and did what he needed to do. I have had some hunch super tight and some barely. I don't think it's necessary to be bred but it helps the breeder to know he made contact.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks guys! I guess it just depends on the individual doe on how much she'll hunch up (if she even does).

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,772 Posts
Ok, thanks guys! I guess it just depends on the individual doe on how much she'll hunch up (if she even does).
It really is an individual type thing. Sparrow, she acts almost like shes going to fall over after the "contact lol" has been made lol....but Cupcake, hardly even hunches.

I like to call it the Scrunch and hunch lol

·
8,495 Posts
I had a young (only bred about 2 does, so far) buck so energetically excited last night that he did his mounting- when he and her both hunched, he fell off and just layed there!
At first I thought he had died- then I saw he had his tongue out, with a dazed look! Hopped up and went right back at it! For his sake- I hope his hunching and hers results in a good
kid! He is very energetic! :)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a young (only bred about 2 does, so far) buck so energetically excited last night that he did his mounting- when he and her both hunched, he fell off and just layed there!
At first I thought he had died- then I saw he had his tongue out, with a dazed look! Hopped up and went right back at it! For his sake- I hope his hunching and hers results in a good
Oh my! He seems to take his job very seriously!! 😆🤣

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,772 Posts
Sounds like Wally.... When he bred Scarlett he fell off the log and layed there LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts