The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goats are very dirty, whenever I pet and scratch them my hands get all dirty and grimy and every time I brush them I come into the house smelling nasty, does anyone bath their goats? What kind of soap do you use? I know goats hate getting wet so I know they’ll put up a fight so any tips would be nice, thanks in advance

·
Registered
204 Posts
i just tied mine up, sprayed her down with the hose, and used regular shampoo and conditioner and sprayed her down again lol i've heard that you can/should use horse shampoo (?) for washing them tho.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,608 Posts
I've never bathed my goats. I figure it isn't really necessary. I have bathed some stinky pee-soaked buck legs though.... For that I just used Dawn dish soap. I use that on my dogs too.

If you do decide to do it, make sure you choose a nice sunny day so they dry off quickly and don't get chilled.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I only bathe mine when I need to clip them for Linear Appraisal. So I did 6 last weekend and will do another 6 this weekend because I have an appraisal session coming up. They hate it. I use Orvus shampoo and it works great.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have given some of my goats baths and I just use whitening shampoo which gently whitens and removes.. its from weaver livestock.. but I want to get conditioner sometime too.. but as far as right now that is what I use..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts