Do heats change each time?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by magilacudy, Aug 23, 2009.

1. magilacudy

magilacudy New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    Cindy (the faker. LOL) Who I now believe has gone into heat has changed dramatically. I hope I'm not driving you all crazy with my questions, but this is all very new to me. She is two years old and I've always spent hours a day sitting out with the girls, reading or just watching. The last two days she has been butting me, and not just playfully. Its like she wants me out. She's also biting me, which she has never been a biter. So her attitude has very much changed and She has never acted like this in previous heats. Also she has looked "open" I guess I would call it. Her tail stays straight up, like stuck to her back side. Some times there is some white looking mucus. Its not think or sticky, almost like she urinated and some white fluid is there. Today however it looks a little yellowish and her butt hair was stained yellow yesterday, not alot of yellow, but enough to notice a color. Her urine is normal.

All of this may very well be normal, but to me its all new and different. I know she is different than any other time.

I have left a message for an expert friend of mine and waiting for her to call me back, but dont know if she will be available to come out for a look, she does live a ways away. I have added some pictures taken today. One more thing, she seems slow and stiff to me. Again I apologize for so many things in the last few days.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      29 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      31.3 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      23.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Seems like a heat to me. And trust me, you can't drive these guys crazy with questions. I've tried! :wink: :greengrin:

My Hope, who was my first doe, always had very quiet heats until one time, she decided to give me a good bite. So they can change the way they show heat I imagine.

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yep..totally agree with Epona! :thumb:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    LOL ....Epona142...hehe ....You are so right ...questions are great ...we all learn from them..... :wink: :thumbup:

magilacudy...we don't ever get get tired of yours or anyone's questions ...please...ask away.... :greengrin:

I agree ...she does sound like... she is in season...some does do get grouchy like that.... :wink:

5. magilacudy

magilacudy New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    Thanks so much. I feel a lot better. :)

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I agree with the others, some heats are stronger than others, and with the change over to Fall, they will get stronger.

The stiff gait and the slowness you see is Cindy trying to be the agresser......and the biting/head butting towards you is her way of saying that she is the queen and she won't take ANY crap from the other goats or you. A smart smack on the nose will keep her from butting and biting you. She'll be back to her normal sweet self in a day or 2.

7. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Ditto what Liz said. A quick flick or slap on the nose & a firm NO! Dont worry you wont hurt her. On the other hand she could hurt you easliy without thinking.
    My girls get away with alot but biting or butting or jumping on me is not tolerated.
    And yeppers, that's mucous alright! Sometimes it will be white, next time clear, remember goats do the best they can to deceive us & drive us nuts!
    They can even discharge a little blood during heat.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wink: NP :D :thumbup: