I can't believe this is such a difficult decision for me. I'd decided to leave my kids on my doe and let her nurse them until it was time to wean them. I did start separating them at night when they were 2 1/2 weeks old Thus, I milk her every morning and then the kids are with her all day until night again. The two doelings were nursing off the same side (left)- all the time. Thus, my does other side/teat were getting engorged while the side the kids are nursing on the teat is MUCH smaller. I have actually been milking the right side (morning and night) since day two after freshening. The kids are 3 1/2 weeks old now. Here's the reason I'm struggling with pulling the kids and starting to bottle feed them. This doe would be a 4 star milker if her mom had actually been tested (the breeder just couldn't ever get her to the milk test (the closest one was hours away and she didn't have the money). The breeder wants me to do the milk test to get a star this summer on my doe (she's trying to set up having them come to her ranch to do the test). Thus, she obviously wants me to get the doe up to top production (which will be about 1 1/2 glns. a day) and says it will be better if I pull the kids now. I'm not actually too concerned about the quantity as I'm getting almost a gallon a day from one teat now! (14 cups a day) However... if I pull the kids now will her smaller teat enlarge? It's really tough to milk it right now because it's so small. Last year she was wonderful to milk - both large teats (her kids last year were bottle fed). I'm not looking forward to milking that small teat for most of the next year till I dry her off next year. If I leave the kids for the next five weeks and then wean them will that teat get larger then? If it's not going to make any difference on the teat getting larger then I'd rather leave them on her.