The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
If there is no chance they are bred...precocious udder comes to mind...but to have three??? are they sisters?..are they filling even or one sided? any temps?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any chance they are pregnant and filling udders to prepare for deliveries?
They dohave chance to be preagnant i got them 4 or 5 months ago and .two do fill evenly

Can i still drink the milk i havent tasted it or milked them

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
I wouldn't milk them until you new for sure they are not bred...if you got them 4-5 months ago you can have anywhere between one month to BABIES ON THE WAY NOW lol...
If you feel on the right side sometimes you can feel baby moving ..the one filling on one side is most likely the PU as a healthy normal udder fill evenly with pregnancy....if you can have blood drawn to test that would be best..with Bio-tracking they will even give her gestation time..

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
With a PU...especially one filling one sided it is recommended not to milk...sometimes you get the real stuff..other times its watery...if its infected you get bloody milk...once you know for sure they are not bred..I would milk out just a bit to check out the fluid..this way if they are infected, you can treat. ...if all is healthy and well..I would breed them ASAP...to get a real udder with real milk. there are cases where an unbred doe can produce clean fresh milk and plenty of it..but those gals are few and far between ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With a PU...especially one filling one sided it is recommended not to milk...sometimes you get the real stuff..other times its watery...if its infected you get bloody milk...once you know for sure they are not bred..I would milk out just a bit to check out the fluid..this way if they are infected, you can treat. ...if all is healthy and well..I would breed them ASAP...to get a real udder with real milk. there are cases where an unbred doe can produce clean fresh milk and plenty of it..but those gals are few and far between ;)
One that one i have squirted out a bit and it does look watery should i treat it with something? Them other two do look like being pregnant

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
If you take a few rear end pix for us to see what you are seeing we might be able to tell pregnancy and if the two are close to kidding..and we can see the one with only one side of the udder filled... if its just watery milky fluid..and no blood, stringy gunk or anything else that looks like infection..its best to leave it alone and get her bred as soon as you are able..this will help her build a good udder...if you milk her out then you can create a lopsided udder that will alway fill uneven..if you don't want to breed her then just leave it and see if her body wont absorb it..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you take a few rear end pix for us to see what you are seeing we might be able to tell pregnancy and if the two are close to kidding..and we can see the one with only one side of the udder filled... if its just watery milky fluid..and no blood, stringy gunk or anything else that looks like infection..its best to leave it alone and get her bred as soon as you are able..this will help her build a good udder...if you milk her out then you can create a lopsided udder that will alway fill uneven..if you don't want to breed her then just leave it and see if her body wont absorb it..
Are these pics ok?

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
they are hard to see..but this last one...I would leave it alone....if you want to breed her it would be good to do that soon and get a nice full udder...I cant tell by the pix on the other two...what we need to see is the girly parts and how they look from the rear..to see if they have dropped..a good udder shot would help as well..: )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts