Do pregnant does ever mount does in heat?

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by Gooseberry Creek, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Gooseberry Creek

Gooseberry Creek Active Member

Jun 3, 2020
    Florida
    If a doe is pregnant will she ever mount another doe that is in heat? I have a Lamancha I bred on October 25th. Ive been watching her daily and she has not went into heat again. Now another doeling is acting like she is in heat and the supposed preggo one is playing with her and mounting her. So does this ever happen early in pregnancy?

MadHouse likes this.
  2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes. They will mount.

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.

3. Gooseberry Creek

Jun 3, 2020
    Florida
    Ok, Thank you. I was getting worried there for a minute that maybe she had miscarried or something.
    Since Lamanchas are fall breeders and this is Florida. I would probably only have a few more chances to get her bred lol. I will keep watching just in case.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. Calistar

Calistar Well-Known Member

My pregnant-with-six doe was doing this up until a day or two before kidding. So yep, they absolutely will!

6. Gooseberry Creek

Jun 3, 2020
    Florida
    Haha, yes she is definitely the weirdo of the group!!

Calistar, OMG Six babies? Goodness. Did you have to bottle feed some of them? Do you have pics? That's just so cool!

7. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Six!?! :omg:

8. Calistar

One was stillborn, so while she did deliver six babies, I only ended up with five. This was actually very recent- they are only six days old now. I was prepared to bottle feed, but this doe has such an enormous productive udder, I've had to partially milk out one side just to keep them even, and even so the smaller side never runs out. So I was prepared to step in, and even tried supplementing them with a bottle, but they are bouncy and growing well without supplementation.
    860E4F6E-B2F4-4FA6-9B4E-B8224634C212.jpeg

9. Kass

Kass Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2020
    Lisbon Falls ME
    Wow! She must be an awesome mom! Congratulations!

10. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
    Wow you almost beat the record of seven! Congratulations!

11. Garnet-the-goat

Garnet-the-goat Member

Sep 2, 2020
    NY
    Wow!
    They are SO cute!

Gooseberry Creek likes this.
  12. Gooseberry Creek

Jun 3, 2020
    Florida
    They are so adorable. What a good mommy too! One little black sheep, err... goat in the group lol. Congratulations!! I cant wait till one of mine has babies!

13. Calistar

And there are three potential sires, so that little black sheep could certainly have a different daddy than the others ;) I know the sire for sure on the chamoisee one because she has wattles. I suspect that the three gold/whites have the same sire. And the black one could be sires by any one of the three potentials. I'm going to be ordering some DNA tests ;)

Jubillee and MellonFriend like this.
  14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California