The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried to put my bucks back together, I figured that with no does around, they could work again, and it still might, but I am just going to keep them separated for now. THey broke off all their scurs, are bloody messes. Do I need to give them antibiotics?

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
No antibiotics are needed..if they are bleeding alot you can cheyanne pepper or flour or blood stop..if it dries on their face just clean them off,,,a bit of blukote will keep the flies off...they willbe fine...:D

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thank you.

Poor little buttheads! Lol. THey aren't bleeding a lot, but my white buck is COVERED in the others blood, head to tail pretty much. I only left them together for about an hour, and had been watching them closely the first 20 mins, they were eating side by side when I went to the house, I even checked on then once more, and all was well. About 20 mins later, they had obviously gotten into it LOL. Dorks!

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
they will work it out..it wil be easier when they are not in rut....

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I figure. THey used to be BFFS but then got into it 2 days before I was going to separate them for breeding, Salt lost a scur so I separated them then because I could tell his head was hurting. Figured maybe they had gotten out of their system LOL. I will for sure be keeping them separated until breeding season is over, and then will let them cool out a bit before I try them anyway. At the least, they share a chain link fence, so they are always in sight of each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts