The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am really interested in getting this goat but decided to put it on here to see what u all thought if this was a good decision or not.. like I jus am barely getting into all of this so I can’t quite see like if it’s a really good goat or not
IMG_1414.jpg
IMG_1413.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The lady that I was talking to said that her dam has a good sized udder and nice attachments.. i think she is a good doe and all jus wanted to see what u all thought..

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,872 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for. It's hard to tell by the photo how well conformed she is. Just by the price, I would say she's probably not exceptional quality, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't be a great goat for you. Ask the seller if their herd is CAE/CL/Johnes negative. If you are interested in milk, ask about how the dam produces and for a picture of the dam's udder. Also ask the seller what they are breeding for to determine if their goals align with yours. Overall she's very cute though!

·
Registered
653 Posts
So a quick search of the doeling's pedigree didn't turn up a whole lot, sire and dam do not have appraisal scores or milk test data. Sire's dam looks like she was a nice doe though. She was a permanent champion and had her superior genetics designation, and a final appraisal score of VEEE 91, which is excellent. She had a positive PTI and did well on milk test.

Now, keep in mind she is just one part of the equation. If you're serious about getting into real dairy goats, I'd start by asking the seller for pictures of this doeling's dam's udder and sire's dam's udder. Just going by the information online, I'd buy the sire's dam if she was for sale though! 🤣

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya ok well actually their was a change in plans and I actually am not gonna get her after all..I am gonna get a different doeling! And she is absolutely awesome!! Maybe u guys don’t think so but I doLet me show u her..

·
Registered
120 Posts
she is sooo adorable!!!!!

out of curiosity, what is ur plan with ur goats? are they for pets? show? milk?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
she is sooo adorable!!!!!

out of curiosity, what is ur plan with ur goats? are they for pets? show? milk?
Well.. ok so a little while back I saw this kinda breed of goat(Nigerian dwarf) and I thought they were really cute and I thought they would be so much fun to raise them.And so I read online all abt them and got a lot of information and then I got my first goats.. So I was jus kinda jus like planning to jus like raise them and sell them.. So right now in life I am jus deciding that I am jus gonna have a little bit of everything in my herd.🤪Like have some that have good milk genetics and well attached udders. Some moonspotted/blue eyes/naturally polled/ and so on.. but not sure if I will show or not.. if I would it would probably be a few years down the road... and some registered and some not... so that’s what i plan to do becuz I feel like that’s the best I can do at this point in life so..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts