Do you ever have on overpowering feeling

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, Oct 7, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    that you just want to do something so nice for someone and not let them know it was you??

I was on craigslist yesterday - just looking like I do every day and there was 1 single person listing kittens for adoption that were already spayed AND only asking $20.00 for these kitties. Now I don't need another kitty - but I thought that was awesome. NO one spays/neuters the little kitties before they go to a new home and they give them away for free and don't spay / neuter the parents. Right now there are over 100 kittens posted just today for adoption here.

So I emailed the lady that had the fixed kittens to say "thanks" for what she is doing.

We got chatting through email and I found out that these are feral cats that she is taking in - spaying mom and all the kittens and finding homes for the kittens after they tame out. She said that a local pet group is helping by only charging her $10.00 a piece for the surgery.

So I called them today and asked if I could put money towards her account. Unfortunately they do not take Credit Cards over the phone - but I have mailed a check to them.

It just makes me feel so good that I have the couple extra dollars to help her to have 3 more kitties done. I know it is not much - but can you think of her surprise next time she goes in and her bill is $30.00 less? 3 kittens spayed could potentially save 10,000 kittens in 7 years from being euthanized.

I know it is corney - but something about this lady really hit home with me - just had to share.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that was such a sweet...............good........... and a very thoughtful thing to do............. :hug:

I really think........... she will be shocked :shocked: in a good way...........when the vet bill shows itself...................... :) :dance:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That was extremely sweet and generous of you Allison. I LOVE helping people out in that kind of way.... you know...so they are thrilled about it, but don't know who it was. That's just awesome! There really are so few people that would care so much as to spray the kitties before giving them away. God bless people like that and people like you!

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :ROFL: :ROFL: :roll: :roll: :slapfloor: :slapfloor:

In another post somewhere I said I was tired....this proves it!! :D I need to get a good nights sleep tonight!!

6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    There is an organization around here that does that as well...it's called Alley Cat Angels...The pet store where I used to work would help adopt out some of the more tame cats. We would always donate the pet food that was close to the expiration date to them...one year I made a bunch of christmas tree ornaments and got permission to sell them in the store for $2 each--all the money went to rescue organizations. It definitely feels good to help out...I don't think it's corny at all... :wink:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison, that was VERY thoughtful and sweet of you, and very sweet of the lady that is taking her time and money to help with the overpopulation. Thankfully, there has been "no-one" dumped off here in a while....it's very common for idiots to dump cats up at the neighbors barn, the lady of the house up there does what she can to spay but being as they are usually sick when dumped, they end up euthanised...or the fox and coons get them.

8. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    That was a wonderful thing for you to do !! :)

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So I sent the check off to Patsavers and didn't say anything to anyone about what I had done.

This morning I checked my email and it sent me a message that I had a guestbook signature from "Kim". I don't know a Kim.... so I went to check it out and found this -

Kim:
    What a wonderful website! My 6 Nubians are all pets (we rescued them), and you are far more expert than I. I appreciate your obvious sensitivity, especially when you refer to Rainbow Bridge. If you were not so far away (we are in Chattaroy, WA). I'd ask if you know anyone who would be available for ranchsitting!
    I will visit your site again. Thanks for your contributions to the wellbeing of all of us creatures.
    Kim

I thought that was so nice. No email address no contact info. Nothing. Not even sure how she got to my site (I think from a craigslist ad that had my website address in it) but she spent about 40 minutes on my site late last night.

I called hubby and told him about the message and about what I had done for petsaveers just a few hours before the post was made..... I guess good things do come back around! That just totally made my day!