Do You Know This Farm Tattoo?!

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Pacamamma, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Pacamamma

Pacamamma New Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Washington
    I have a goat that is tattooed with UNS on her right ear and 4 on her left. She has evidence of another letter on her left ear but I can't make it out. She is approximately five years old, and an Oberhasli. We don't know much else about her, except she was shown in the Spokane Fair. We purchased her just outside of Spokane. If you know of a herd that has those letters in their tattoo, and that had or bred Oberhaslis, I would love to know, and possibly get some more info on this girl.

Attached Files:

• Ivy.jpg
      Ivy.jpg
      File size:
      63.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Little-Bits-N-Pieces

Little-Bits-N-Pieces Active Member

Apr 7, 2013
    CA
    ADGA will know what breeder that tattoo belongs too.

3. Little-Bits-N-Pieces

Little-Bits-N-Pieces Active Member

Apr 7, 2013
    CA
    Look at her teeth, to tell how old she is. If she is young enough, that will track down the unreadable letter...

4. Pacamamma

Pacamamma New Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Washington
    I have called ADGA and they will not assist me in acquiring information for her:wallbang:. So I guess it is up to me to see what I can find. As to her teeth, all adult teeth(I couldn't count them all as she would not stand still, but no baby teeth). I have concerns about her and lack of history is very frustrating. We would like to register her, and would hate to register her as grade when all along she has been registered and had lost paperwork. Also regarding the history piece, she has been in pre-labor/early labor since Sunday. If I was able to contact the breeder, I might be able to ask if her mom was the same way in long labors, otherwise I am concerned:worried:.

5. OakHollowRanch

OakHollowRanch New Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Northern California
    ADGA hasn't been very helpful for us lately either. Not sure why...

6. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    If you think she might be in labor, you might want to consider checking her to make sure all is ok inside. Sun to Fri. is a long time for a labor, or pre-labor. Something could be wrong!

7. Pacamamma

Pacamamma New Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Washington
  8. audrey

audrey New Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Lebanon, Oregon
    What is the point of having to have the tattoo registered in doing the tattoos if the ADGA isn't going to help you find the info on them anyway? Thats so lame!

9. lottsagoats

lottsagoats Junior Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Middle Maine
    It's probably a privacy issue, since every things seems to be these days.

Oberhasli's can have problems with kiddings as they get older. They get scar tissue build up around the birth canal and can't pass the kids. I lost one to that, that's when I found out about the problem.