do you suffer from GDS??

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by firefly81, Dec 2, 2007.

1. firefly81

firefly81 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    sw. missouri
    Do you have GDS( Goat Delusional Syndrome)? There is no known cure. We don't know how this disease is contracted,the level of contageousness,and few ,if any approach a full recovery. Heres what to look for..

Goat Delusional Syndrome

Basic Symptoms

1. Frequent and ongoing conversations with one or more goats.
    2.Assigning human attributes such as personality to goats.
    3. Over -sensitivity and over-protectiveness(i.e. taking offense when someone refers to goats as mere livestock).
    4.Periodic insomnia due to worry about goats-walking out to the barn after midnight just to "check on things".
    5. Concidering presents and/or treats for "special"goats.

Advanced Symptoms

1. Hugging and kissing goats-even BUCKS.
    2.Addressing goats with terms of endearment(i.e.,sugar,sweetie,honey,baby).
    3.Remembering every goats birthday without referring to a calendar.
    4.Spending inordinate amounts of time on the internet goat sites and e-mailing perfect strangers about your goats.
    5.Canceling vacations because of goats.
    6.Missing church because a gost is due to deliver.
    7.Buying a bigger farm or ranch so you can buy more goats.
    8.Taking a second job or morgage to support your goat habit.
    9.And finally, trying to find decorative uses for all those goat berries-such as painting and stringing them like cranberries for your Christmas tree.

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I have advanced GDS, am I going to die! lol I have done everything (except number 9 icky).

3. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Yes I do and I have a SEVERE case!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I fall into the advanced syndrom catigory. LOL

5. firefly81

firefly81 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    sw. missouri
    i have advanced symptoms too..... except for #9 eeewww

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I have advanced GDS!!!!

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh my, that is just way to much! I love it.

My hubby thinks that I am nuts and I just bought an AWESOME digital to take pics of the goaties - now that is bad!

8. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    advance stage for me :lol:

9. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    LOL I got that in an e-mail. Yep, I have the advanced! (especially the kissing and hugging one- even bucks, LOL. My best friend is a goat!) :D but like firefly- I don't have #9.... eewwwww.
    There's one that needs to be added-

#10- going out of your way to please certain goats. (for instance, giving Princess cheerios b/c she has an odd dislike to pumpkin seeds on Treat Day.)

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Hi, my name is Ashley and I'm a goat addict. Hahaha

11. DancinGoatGal

DancinGoatGal New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Central, WV
    Ok, deff. Advanced for me - again tho except #9!!!!!!!!!! LOL EEW is about right! :)

I only hug and kiss the bucks when they are OUT of rutt!! LOL Right now, I wouldn't really want to get too close to any of my boys!!! :-/

12. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    Yeah, definately only hug and kiss bucks out of rut. They are so nasty then. But, after rut and a bath, they are soft, cute, and cuddly! :D (at least under one year....haven't experienced an older age, LOL)

13. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    First I'm sick with a stomach virus and now I discover this! :shock:
    Advanced for me too! :lol: (again except number nine, haven't had a chance at the buck part though considering I don't own one!)

14. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Hi, my name is Sarah and I am a goataholic and suffer from advanced GDS(I hug bucks in rut :shock: ), I'm doing all the recommended treatments to cope with my disorder but I just seem to be getting worse. :D

15. harmonygoats

harmonygoats New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Northern Arkansas
    advanced for me too. Mine also get individual christmas presents. Never have done#9 and don't plan on it.

16. debpnigerians

debpnigerians New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    north central Texas
    Hello - my name's Debbie and I'm a goataholic.....my case is very advanced, as I hug bucks in rut or not, know that Nutmeg answers to Sweetiepie but not to Precious, while Dixie comes to Doodlebug but not Doodlebutt. DinkyDove loves 'naner peels, but only once in a while; my sweet Bobby McGee prefers raisens. The last time I slept through the night was July 10th, two days before I started my current breeding cycle. Who can sleep when my babies are out there pregnant? I own 27 goats but no livestock, and plan on increasing my herd by at least five does, two wethers and one buck this year. Of course I have to have another buck, good grief I only have seven, that's not enough! I have pictures of my goats on my mantel and on my clothes, and I've not only missed church I've missed work because one of my little girls was about to become a mommy. I own not only a digital camera purchased for the express purpose of goatography, but also a digital picture frame so I can show pics of my babies back home to passers-by at shows!
    I do draw the line at #9, though. Why on earth would I waste the best fertilyzer around on arts and crafts?

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh Deb that is too funny! That is a good idea though with the picture frame :D

18. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    That is hilarious!!! I love the little story and the picture!!

19. debpnigerians

debpnigerians New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    north central Texas
    aw shucks, y'all.....

You're making me blush :oops: :D The digital picture frame is really really WAYYYYYY too cool! And it was 100% my hubby's idea. (Well, ok, I added the lace tablecloth.) It runs off a memory chip, same as a digital camera, and you can either put it in the frame straight from your camera or you can download pics on to it. It changes pics as slow or as fast as you want...I had mine set on 3 seconds cause I didn't want potential buyers getting bored. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE my frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    I am in the advanced catergory too. I have all of the symptons except number (9). But how many of you suffer for MGS. ( Mutiple goat syndrome) I don't I only have three goats.