The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my doe I got in august. I was told she should be due sometime in mid December. Most likely the 18th. She had triplets earlier this year but was bred to a different buck when sold to me. Let me know if she looks as far as she should be.

ForumRunner_20131031_132235.jpg

ForumRunner_20131031_132254.jpg

ForumRunner_20131031_132326.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Can you get a close up shot of her lady parts?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Her vulva. It doesnt look as tightly closed as an open doe, and the tip of the vulva looks like it points straight down toward the ground.
How soon in the pregnancy can you tell by this? Or is this a change that happens after breeding? I am just curious for my own knowledge. I never understood how people could look and tell. :confused:

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Some of my does will start to change 2 weeks after breeding (very subtile, but still noticeable), some change about 6 weeks after breeding, some does are hard to tell on too. By 3 months into the pregnancy you should see some of the vaginal track due to the vulva not being as tightly closed, the vulva tip should be down, and the vulva might look puffy and longer.

If you look at some heavily bred does, you can see the pink flesh of the vaginal track showing when you look at their vulva, the tip of the vulva also points down, and the vulva is elongated and may be puffy/swollen looking.
Then if you look at some non bred does, or doelings, the vulva is tightly closed, not showing any of the vaginal track, and the tip curves upward, not down, and the vulva is shorter in length compared to a bred doe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts