Do you think she was actually bred?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by ShannonM, Mar 28, 2011.

1. ShannonM

ShannonM New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Hi! I have had Nigerian's for a few years now but only recently began to get serious about raising and selling them. So now I have a question :chin:
    I have a Nigerian Doe that should be on day 140. We bred her on 11-8-10 and she was definitely in heat and the Buck definitely "got" her. However she did go into heat about ten days after that and again ten days after that and acted interested but wouldn't stand for the buck when I took her to him. So my question is do you think she is actually pregnant she is a 2nd Freshener and her udder is growing but only a tiny bit. She's always been a big bodied doe but she doesn't look like she's pregnant. I suppose she could be hiding them from me though. Her right side is starting to look a little sunken in like the kids have dropped. But she's just not bagging up like she should be. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures right now but I'll try to get some in the morning. Do any of you have any theories? Also around the middle of January we threw all of the does in with the buck so he could get our pygmy and any that weren't gotten yet. However when I did that I hadn't seen her cycles for a month or so. And I haven't been able to feel any kids. Sorry I'm just getting a little nervous about it since I already have a doe reserved from her and I would really like to keep one from her too.

2. SandStoneStable Farm

SandStoneStable Farm New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Maryland
    I'm sure someone will come along and answer this better for you, but one thing (of millions) I've learned from TGS is that the udder can bag up late, sometimes after they kid and sometimes not at all(think that's really rare). Also, in my does the pooch area definately looks different, it's kinda swelled, pushed out and a little up, if that makes sense. At day 140, I would hope you could see a difference.
    I took the easy way and had them pregnancy tested, but it's too late to do that. The good news is you should get your answer in about 10 days. Good luck!

Welcome to TGS by the way! Hope you have babies coming soon!
    Caryn

3. ShannonM

ShannonM New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Thank you and so do I...

Here is the link to some pictures....

http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc496/Shannonm18/

I'm sorry I don't have any before pictures :(
    Ginger is the one I'm worried about But if you guys can tell on Joan too that would be great! Joan should be on day 129 and Ginger on day 141... I'm sorry for the unshaven udder on Ginger I need to get in and shave it I just haven't had enough time lately...

Thanks for your input it's nice to have somewhere to ask questions like this :p

4. Froggy

Froggy New Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Her udder does seem smaller that it should be, but maybe she fills fast?

One of my does that is supposed to be due on 4/10 that doesn't look pregnant at all except for a small (apple sized) udder. I can barely feel her baby kicking real high up in her abdomen. Of course, my doe ran with the buck for 6weeks, and I only think she's due 4/10 because I saw the buck paying a LOT of attention to her that week in Nov.

The weird heat thing was the ''trend'' with my goats this past fall. They would go into heat, get bred, then have a ''false heat'' a week later. It's really annoying!! :GAAH:

I hope your doe is pregnant & kids healthy babies for you soon!! :)