Do you think she's bred?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by fcnubian, Apr 3, 2008.

1. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I know you can't always tell by looking but take a guess.

Do you think she is bred?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I would say she is. :lol:

3. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I would love it if she was pregnant. The only date I have for her is May 17-18th.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    she looks prego to me :)

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm leaning toward no, her cha cha doesn't seem potruded enough, and her anus doesn't seem puffy or lowered from the tail head either. She does have hollows in her sides though, you never know, she may just have a single.

6. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Well after posting the last time I went out to do chores and fed her and checked infront of her udder and I am 99.9 % sure she's bred, i felt several good kicks. Up to this point I just felt like rolling type movement but this was actual kicks. :thumb: If they werent kicks and she's not bred I have no idea what that would have been. LOL. I felt kicks before in the other does and thats what it felt like.

Thanks for the replies.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the pictures were hard to decide with as her tail covered her anus.

Thats great! are you going to show her?

8. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Yes I'll be showing her. I didnt think I was going to be able to this year because I didn't think she was pregnant.

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I hope she does well for you

10. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Thanks! I hope she does well to. She's my favorite and my baby. :cool:

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  12. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    No the pics I posted are of Delilah. She was my first purebred nubian I got. She's my baby. :greengrin:
    I know Hannah is bred. She has udder development. Im not sure which due date she's due on. Some people say she'll go this month, others say next month.

:shrug: I dont know. If she kids in May she'll have kinder babies and all are reserved so thats good. I wouldn't mind if she kidded in April, they would be purebred kids. :thumb:

13. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Here's Hannah. She's either due April 22-28th or May 19th.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    no udder pictures of Hannah? Udder is more what I go by then their size of belly to determin when they are due.

15. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    [​IMG]

Thats Hannah's udder. If I remember correctly, she started getting an udder a month before she kidded last time. I noticed udder development at the end of last month.

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oo thats hard to say. She may go as early as the 22nd but there is that possibility that she will hold out till May due to the slow udder developement. Now if things really start to progress then I would switch gears and go with the 22nd

17. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Hannah doesn't get an udder like a usual goat. Her udder looks weird, very awkward when she starts filling. One side will get bigger, so it looks lopsided, then it'll even out, and then the other side will start filling. Lol. Strange goat. I just hope if she's going to kid this month, she'll go between 22-24th. I'll be out of town the 26-27th.

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    uh oh now you said it!

19. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    If I knew her exact due date it wouldn't matter. I could just induce her to kid before we went. My brother will dump milk in a lambar but I dont think ANYTHING would get him to watch a goat and possibly assist in delivering, not to mention he would have to take them away and clean them and then get them to take a bottle....yup definately dont see him doing that. Lol. :sigh: This is just the waiting game...Her udder has increased in size though. Checked this evening when I fed the girls. :thumb: