Do you think she's pregnant? Pic

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Cinder, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I changed the title for this to see if anyone else with experience might take a look and give me their opinion.

I have a doe that doesn't appear to be pregnant but her 155th day would be June 14th. She's got a larger than normal belly but nothing is changing at her backend. I'm just curious at what point I say absolutely she's not pregnant and quit putting her in the kidding stall at night?

What's the longest (number of days) any of your does has ever gone before freshening?

Here's some pictures from this afternoon:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Re: What's the longest gestation one of your does has had?

Cinder, I can not believe you are still waiting.

Can you get pictures of her utter and back end? That will really help. If you could get a good picture of her Cha CHa we could look and tell you if she is pregnant.

I have heard of goats going to 165 day. :GAAH:

3. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Re: The pregnant guessing game.... Pictures added

I've added pictures to see it it helps anyone with guessing the pregnancy status of my girl. Anyone?

4. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Re: What's the longest gestation one of your does has had? Pic

I went through this with 2 of my does. I posted pics of their pooches and everyone said they were preggers. They even looked like they were gaining weight. I'm more then positive one was pregnant but she probably got slammed by my agressive doe. I finally sent their blood in to be tested and they were both open. I won't be waiting that long ever again because now I have to wait until next year for kids :hair:

Sorry, I'm not a pooch expert. Can you feel any kids on her right side?

5. kornhypknotic

kornhypknotic New Member

May 14, 2009
    Waco, TX
    What about a false pregnancy . . . cloudburst? One of my girls looked like she was set to pop any day but all that she kidded was a bag of fluid. She acted like she had just freshened including producing TONS of milk :thumb: and calling for her kids that she never had :sigh:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she doesnt look pregnant to me