Do you think these girls are bred?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Aug 22, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Just curious if you think these girls are pregnant.....

#1 - has freshened twice before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doe #2 - Maiden doe - bred, but preg test came back negative ....... but ..............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    How far along would they be? I don't think the first one is bred, but the second...possibly...leaning toward yes. But I have been wrong about these types of things before! lol

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    The first one I would have no clue when she would have been bred - would have been an Oops through the fence -

The second would be 3 months unless the fence -

I have NEVER seen my boys ever try to breed through the fence - but it only takes once :wink:

4. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm........... you know I am TERRIBLE at this.... but if I were to GUESS I would say #1 no, #2 yes :shades:

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Don't listen to me but...I think that they are both bred. Looking at their udders.

When was the last time the first doe had weaned kids? Was it recently, where she would still be in the process of drying up?

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am going to draw blood on both and send in for pregnancy - I just have to know for sure - but thought I would see what you all thought. I personally hope that #1 is NOT and #2 is.....

Once I have some more "guesses" I will tell you who they are!

Rowdy - #1 dried up and has not had a kid around her since May I think is when hers left....... she has always had real elongted teats (she was a milker) but ......

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Well in that case...I would have to go with no for #1 because I have a doe who weaned around May and still hasn't dried up quite yet.

8. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    definitely let us know what the test results say!!! I want to know if I am right for once! :ROFL: :wink:

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yah - that would be a FIRST HAHAHAHAHA :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :wink: :hug:

10. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    oooooooooooooo.................................. that was SO MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know... those rice krispies don't ship out till tomorrow :angry: :tears:

hehehehehe :greengrin: :hug:

11. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I think they both look bred
    beth

12. smwon

smwon Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern California
    Ok, today is the 26th - are they? Or are they not? I am really curious...

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I won't have the tests back until Friday as long as they got their on time and were able to be run today. Otherwise, I will not have the results back until 9/4

14. lupinfarm

lupinfarm New Member

This post has got me thinking that one of my goats might be preggers. The lady we bought them from suggested she could be pregnant, but wasn't certain. She has fairly large udders but I understand she did have a baby, I think last year though so that shouldn't necessarily effect her udder size now. Mayhaps I do have a pregnant doe! Hmm.. Maybe I'll pull some blood.

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well - tests confirmed today - both girls are open - grrrrrrrrrrrr.............. although I am happy that snow (doe 1) is not but I really wish that doe 2 would have been!

16. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    darn! but that second doe has an udder going?!

17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  18. smwon

smwon Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern California
    I don't have enough experience to say yet. I'll get there though! I was thinking they were both open, but I just wasn't sure so I didn't want to say. I'm sorry that the one isn't bred for you... :GAAH:

19. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I was WRONG?!? :ROFL: Or 1/2 right! :dance: