The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
Anytime we buy medication from any place other than our vet we are not sure it was handled correctly. Not all employees take handling meds seriously. Its a risk.
Might talk with TSC manager and see what their protocol is for refrigerated medication. I know our store here is pretty stricked.. but again..can't always be sure emplyees take it seriously.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
I order from online most of the time, unless it’s a shelf stable med. Even with those it’s usually just easier to get everything all at once in one order, so if I think I might get low or an expiration date is coming up it’ll also go in my online order. Texas heat is nothing to mess with, so I also place my yearly order in late December to the first week of February so the weather is my friend not my enemy. I’ve ordered extra ice packs with overnight shipping and they’ve been melted in the foam or insulated coolers.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got it from our farmers Co-op and it was cheaper than at Tractor supply! Yay!

Question: the bottle says all contents must be used upon opening. Is this true? Can I not store it until it's time for the babies' boosters?

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
If you are clean..wipe the top with alcohol between pulling meds out. Use new needles and store proper..you don't have to toss it. CD antitoxin has this same warning. I never toss it. Tetanus antitoxin is the same. I used to toss the left overs until I learned I really didn't have to. Being clean is important to prevent bacteria to enter the bottle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.