Do you use CMPK?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by sweetgoats, Dec 30, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I was just wondering who uses CMPK?

If you use it does your goat go totally crazy after you let them go? Mine shake their head and sneeze and stick out their tongue like I gave them something that burns. They will run tot he walls and wipe their face on the walls, and even stick out their tongue and wipe it on the wall or come to me and wipe it all over me. It is almost like they say "How dare you, here take that". :ROFL:

I give it to my girls that are getting really big and close there due dates so they have extra calcium.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I don't have cpmk, but I use goats prefer calcium drench... same results. lmao

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I haven't used CMPK but I have used another calcium supplement and they just absolutely hate it. Must not taste good anyway you give it.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
  5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What is CMPK??? LOL! I feel really dumb about now - LOL!

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I'm pretty sure it's a calcium supplement.

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    C = Calcium
    M = Magnesium
    P = Phosphorus
    K = Potassium

Its a mix of the 4 for treatment of milk fever and I think ketosis.

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    YEP. I give it to my girls if they are HUGE like they are now so they do not deplete their body and have troubles. I just give a little and I always give it after they kid. OH man they hate it.

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    have you seen where it really helps them??

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I have noticed when I have girls that are as big as a house they seem to be able to deliver those monster babies easier and they do better after wards. I only give it to those like i said that are HUGE. If they are carrying twins or more those babies take a lot of the calcium from mom that she really needs.

I do not know if it really helps a lto or not but i feel better doing it. It can not hurt.

The way I found it was years ago I had a doe down after she delivered twins. I went in 20 hours after she had the twins, and pulled out another doe. Mom would not get up and she was going down fast. Called a friend and she asked if I had CMPK? No I did not. I had to go get my calcium pills crush them and gave them to the doe, let her have all she wanted. That is all the saved her life. After that I went and bought CMPK, and I have it at all times. Same doe did the same thing last year. She retained a 15# baby. I went in pulled it and she was going down again. Gave her the CMPK and she was back to herself.

11. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    -wonders how K comes from Potassium-

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    same thing here

13. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I would try giving the doe who has issues with retaining kids more selenium. Does she have really good contractions or are they just so so?

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Hmmm. I thought about buying this before but I think I will definitely have it in our kidding kit. Good to know this.

My goats hate just about everything I stick in their mouths. Except one, Lyla will eat just about anything with gladness. ;)

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    From the periodic table of elements, K is the letter for Potassium, as to who said that that's what K meant, I have no idea, I always thought that it was weird :)

16. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    its a latin thing..

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Do you use the oral liquid or gel and at what dosage???

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I use the Goats Prefer brand called Calcium Drench....same thing as CMPK. Directions on the bottle is 1 oz at or just before delivery and another oz 12 hours later...With my mini's I split the dose, it does eem to help with the "after delivery" laziness.

19. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Sounds like all people should have CMPK in there kidding supplies . Where do you get CMPK??

20. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    where did you get CMPK????