dobe627 (Cathy)

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Nov 13, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have really been thinking about a few members here and I was just wondering how you are doing? How is your mom doing?

Just wanted to tell you that you are still in my prayers and I hope to hear from you soon.

God Bless you and please let us know how you are doing and same with your mom. :hug: :grouphug:

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Thanks for the reminder Lori.

Hope everythings going well for you Cathy. :hug:

3. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Ahh, thanks so much for the thoughts Lori, Di and everyone else. My mom started her 1st round of chemo yesterday. All of her tests came back showing that the cancer wasn't anywhere else. :leap: But my sister said her mood is still really down. :sigh: We think it is because of my 1 brother. He lives in Texas ( near Ft Hood) and ever since he came back from his second tour in Iraq he has pretty much cut off all contact with everyone. Its been a good year and a half since we saw him. Calls and emails to him go unanswered. Being the youngest he was always " her favorite". I think not hearing from him is really hurting her.
    Anyway, I had my physical and get a mammogram Dec 4th. So hopefully that goes good. But I will let you know as soon as I do. Thanks again for the prayers and thoughts. Cathy

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats good news Cathy! I am so sorry to hear about your brother though :( I dont know what I would do if one of my brothers stopped talking to me. :hug:

5. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Stacey, its tough because we were all pretty close. I know he saw alot of his buddies die and he feels bad he didn't the one time. The day he left for his leave a guy that he grew up with was in my bothers seat in the humvee when it hit an IED and was killed. My brother didn't find out till he got home, oops of track sorry.
    We just don't know how to get through to him. And with the holidays coming up its really tough. He didn't come home last year either( and mom offered to pay). What do you do?

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I figured it had to be something like that. What they see and experience over there is way more then we could ever imagine! We can just pray for them, that God will get through to them somehow. I have a brother going into the military here soon (only 17 right now though) and with some things he is dealing with right now after his first death as an EMT it I know it is going to be tough in the days and years to come.

7. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Stacey I will pray for your brother as I do for all the troops. Its hard when they are over there and you hear anything on the news. But I know for my brother thats all he ever wanted was to serve his country. He is alot younger then me but it was funny when he was a kid we would go to flea markets or yard sales and he would always but the old army stuff. He actually put together an entire old uniform out of stuff he bought and wore it all the time and would dig fox holes. The best way to describe his personality before his 2 tours, "Jim Carrey". Phil( my brother) could make you laugh just telling you the weather. WOW sorry to get so carried away but its actually nice talking about him, but sad knowing he's not like that anymore. Cathy

8. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Your brother sounds like quite a guy Cathy, sounds like an old friend of mine actually. I hope he heals inside and will go visit your mom real soon, it would probably be very good for all of you. :pray:

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds sort of like my brother. All he ever wanted to do is fly figher jets from when he was 4 years old. that isnt possible due to an eye condition that he has had 2 surgeries for but he now plans to be a sniper *shivers* but whatever the Lord wants from him that is where he will be -- and he will be safest there.

Memories are great things -- help us through hard times, maybe some memories will float through his heart and he will remember to return to the family that loves him so much. :hug: when I think of my brother I will pray for Phil.