Dobie has been bred!!!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Oct 29, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Dobie, my new doe pictured here was bred tonight

She was bred to Joe Dirt -

Which means if she takes - she would be due 28 March 2009

:leap: :stars: :leap: :stars:
  2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    All right!!! Little Dirty Babies on the way ...woo hoo :leap:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So that is 2 that I know for a fact he has bred - they hunched and we are good. Now if I can just get at least 2 more of the 4 left - I will be happy!!!
  4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I love Dobie, but I have to say Joe has always given me a bit of the Willies lol, it just looks odd for a buck to have that many curls ROTFL. I have always been fascinated with him though!
  5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    do you ever cut off his 'doo?' he is so cute, i mean handsome, dobie has neat coloring.
  6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh gosh no - I would never cut his hair - it makes him way to unique!! LOL! He wouldn't be "Joe Dirt" without it :ROFL:

When it is not Pee soaked, it looks like someone curled the ends of it - it is awesome. But his bangs sure are getting long but the ladies "Dig It"!

Yah, Dobie's color is definately different. i really hope that she passes it on, as I want to keep a few of Joe's babies.
  7. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I get a kick out of seeing that "hair do" everytime you post his picture. :ROFL: It looks like he has a blonde wig on. He is very stylish indeed!!! And I sure can see why the girls "Dig It"... :dance:
    I hope Dobie setteles for you... It would be too funny if his kids come out sporting that "doo" :slapfloor:
  8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Out of his kids that were born before (only the bucklings made it) only 1 was left intact, but not registered. It is the little guy that is in my picture next to my name.

Anyway, I am waiting for a picture of Carmel, as he is 10 months old now and I am soooo curious if he has "the do" or not also.
  9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Awesome! Can't wait to see what you get with that cross! Everytime I see that pic of Joe, It puts a huge smile on my face. :D Does his sire have a "hair do" too?
  10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    the buck Vice I was telling you who I am breeding to Sweet Pea throws colors like your Dobie (consistantly) so I am really hoping for kids from that paring that are that color

Congrats on the breeding :)
  11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oooh, I love his paternal sister, Heather. She is very pretty! Very nice udder, love the high attachments, medial could definitely be better but I love the width and shape. :)
  12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Olivia - I see what you are saying about the medial on heather - but now I am going to post this pic for you. This is another doe from the same breeder. This was taken BEFORE she even freshened. This is Turner's dam - the little buckling that I kept. This is about 10 hours before delivery and a FF.

So if I keep a doe from Joe this year and then breed to Turner hopefully that will make one heck of an udder.

13. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Yeah!! I am glad you got her bred!! She is such a pretty girl, and I have always LOVED Joe's "do"! LOL! Can't wait to see what babies you will get from them!
  14. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    ok I just have to ask, did Joe Dirt get his name as a youngin or was it changed? I showed my hubby n son that picture they thought it was a wig omg he is great
  15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Joe didn't have a registered name for some time. He came to me awhen he was about 6 months old. He was "known" by the name Eddie. But the day he got here I changed it to Joe Dirt, as he looked like "Joe Dirt" with a mullet from the movie.

I contacted the breeder about 2 months later and asked if I could purchase his papers. She agreed and C-Springs CH Joe Dirt is his registered name.

I am really hoping that he throws his "do" to his kids but I don't know. His father didn't have it - so I don't know where it is coming from.
  16. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    His hairdo looks like a mini silky fainter "do." The silkies actually came out of Nigie lines, I do believe, and that "do" is one of the things that silky breeders look for. More info at Sol Orr... one of the breeders. :)
  17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh my gosh - I want a breeding pair! I am so going to look into this breed! I love it!!!!!!!!

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for sharing!