Doc Holiday

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Coraxfeather, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    My boss just lost her best fainter buck Doc holiday. This was a guy that had the fainten gen in him so bad he would faint going into his stall comen out of his stall, when he went to go and get a drink of water, when he had to get in the trailer, comen out of the trailer, and anything that was a loud noise. He could handle a loud noises. We used to kid around and talk about how would this goat mate cause he would faint so much. We have a some of his kids and hopefully going to be haven a few more. His son Ce Ce is a lot like him but dose nto faint as much. He was breed with a ew of our does that are about to give birth. Doc Holiday will be missed cause he was a lovable goat, love being around people and given kisses.

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh that's to bad. He sounded like a really nice buck. Rest in peace dear Doc Holiday.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Doc is in greener pastures now, I'm so sorry for your loss :hug:

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH I am so sorry. :hug:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry ...it is so sad.... :hug: :tears:

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so sorry for your loss. If I may, I know that you have mentioned that you all had lost a few, do you know what happened?

Again, I am so sorry. :hug:

7. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    My boss rented out a petting zoo to a lcal green house for 3 weeks. The first guy came back sick was Ben another one of her retired fianters. He had runney nose and we thought we had taken care of that until one morning we found him dead. Doc was fine one day and went down in a matter of a few hours just like the others. Sparkles was very young and we had a lot of trouble keeping weight on her. We have one more sick that is isolated (sp) from everyone. I hate to do this but the head count is 2 alphcas, 2 baby cows, 2 adult goats, 1 still born baby, 1 baby goat, 2 horse, and one mini horse.

Doc and Sparkles hit me hard cuase I loved both of these guys with all my heart. Doc was a characte that woudl always make you laugh and sparkles was my baby. I may not hae owned Sparkles but she was mine all mine. Sometime I still think I hear her mommy cry on the farm.

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am soooo sorry. Did they get into something? Did you have a necropsy done on one to see what is / was causing all of this? I am soooo glad that Pancake is ok!!

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH my. I do have several different places ask if they can use mine in a petting zoo. I am SO glad I have horns on mine because that is always my way out of it. :hug:

10. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    That is what my boss dose for a liven. A pettign zoo pony ride bizz. She is no longer going to rent her animals to this place because they came home sick last year also and we almost lost a few. And I honestly do not think I could handle loosen Pani.

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm so sorry for your loss :hug: