The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
I hope this finds everyone well!

We get our alfalfa from a local farmer a few miles away. Last bail we started was full of this orange colored odd foliage. Sent a picture to our rancher friends and it came back Dodder. Aka Devils hair. It’s an aggressive “weed” that latches on to alfalfa and other foliage. Reminds me of how a morning glory wraps itself around a stock. Not wanting to throw this out for the deer and have an aggressive pest infest my property.....can the goats eat it? Or not? If not......how careful do I have to be on the rest of the alfalfa (trailer load) I just bought? Sorry. Just true to upload a picture...but to new and not allowed yet. ☺ Thank you to all that might know this answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello
I hope this finds everyone well!

We get our alfalfa from a local farmer a few miles away. Last bail we started was full of this orange colored odd foliage. Sent a picture to our rancher friends and it came back Dodder. Aka Devils hair. It’s an aggressive “weed” that latches on to alfalfa and other foliage. Reminds me of how a morning glory wraps itself around a stock. Not wanting to throw this out for the deer and have an aggressive pest infest my property.....can the goats eat it? Or not? If not......how careful do I have to be on the rest of the alfalfa (trailer load) I just bought? Sorry. Just true to upload a picture...but to new and not allowed yet. ☺ Thank you to all that might know this answer.

That not so close pictures...it looks like hair cut trimmings. But it is actually wrapped around the stock in close up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might want to contact your local county extension agent as well and see what they recommend.

How about now. JML Farms? Writing this. Is see Gallery=etc. in preview. I can see the pictures. Did you try refreshing? I had to log off then back on. Maybe I am loading them wrong? One would think. Preview would be what everyone else sees

1 - 4 of 4 Posts