The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we bred her last week, on Wednesday and Thursday. She expelled semen/her own fluids for three days at least. She has never stopped looking mucusy in her vulva since. Always a tiny bit, but her tail has had dried stuff on it too.

She has also been a bit irritable with my human kids. She wants me all to herself. She does her best to get between me and them. She has even been making more bucklike sounds the last two days (as opposed to her usual maaaaaaa, it is more stuttered and usually accompanies raised hackles).

Today I took the buck rag jar out there, and her tail was flagging all over. She didn't react that way last time. Today she is also a space cadet, staring off and just acting off. Her vulva is puffy again. Doe's milk is down slightly.

Talked to the breeder, will take her over tomorrow if symptoms continue. We had actually talked this morning about one of the doelings (she thinks the reddish hair coming in on my black doeling is actually her winter coat, not copper deficiency), as I had contacted her to find out if the doe had been recently dosed for copper deficiency. She mentioned the topic of short cycling off hand during our conversation. I didn't think so at the time, but I went out this afternoon with the buck rag to see what the girls thought of it (little girls will be bred late in the season if we can catch them in heat then, and I know one is cycling on the same timetable that Bree was on last week). Ruby was smelling Bree's backside for a minute or so in all this.

Sounds like another heat cycle, right?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She also never stood really well for the buck last week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts